Jim Bowen

Think i've found my clutch issue.

Was just checking out my gearbox and noticed this, not sure what could of caused it?

Its quite bent and cracked both sides.

20141031_112945.jpg

20141031_112935.jpg

20141031_112924.jpg

Happened to mine as well mate, seems a fairly common fault. I guess they can only take so much wear and tear

Weird, just looked at the old one and its the same, i had a funny issue, thought it was gearbox so changed that, then a few months later the same happened again. Have got the new parts already, i'm just wondering if i've used the wrong type of grease on the release bearing which has turned to glue and stopped it sliding along the shaft.

These are just parts that age, both this Corrado and my last one had cracked arms. Squeaking clutch and spongy pedal are sometimes symptoms.

Doh, I binned one last month. Sounds like it would have been worthwhile having a spare. Are they available from VW?

I'm wondering if I've got a similar issue, fairly new clutch but I get a bit of drag with the clutch pedal pressed down in traffic??

Can't see the pics, assuming it's the release fork that's bent or cracked? Very common. Even worse if you use an uprated clutch. I had mine upgraded by Vince the last time my 02A came off, which basically entailed welding a plate on the other side. Makes it into a box section piece. Worked a treat.

Was just checking out my gearbox and noticed this, not sure what could of caused it?

Its quite bent and cracked both sides.

20141031_112945.jpg

20141031_112935.jpg

20141031_112924.jpg

Happy bidding ............. still available from VW if you miss out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Volkswagen-Clutch-Release-Bearing-And-Clutch-Arm-02T-141-153-F-/271647697815?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f3f76eb97

I'm wondering if I've got a similar issue, fairly new clutch but I get a bit of drag with the clutch pedal pressed down in traffic??

I noticed mine getting stiffer. Was lovely after getting a new clutch. Then I refitted it when doing the chains. Just got slowly worse then started making a knocking noise at low speeds and clutch biting point was really low.

Might look into getting something welded on my new one then. Cheers Kevin pork product.