Jamie

Kevin Bacons Turbo

While my daughter was watching I'm a "celebrity" last night I spent my time reading Kevs thread on turboing his Corrado on the VR6OC forum, I know he sold it and just wondered if it's still around. Looked a right beast :cool:

Not around unfortunately. He took the turbo lump out and put an R32 motor in.

In its final state of tune it's still around on the forum, but not sure who, and I went in it a few times turbo'd and it was phenomenal!

Partly; The turbo and injectors were new for a build that Kev decided against in the end, but the wastegate and some other bits and bobs came from his VRT. I want to run the standard manifold and a simple air to air charge cooler a la the Stealth set up, whereas Kev went the full monty with a Schimmel intake and water to air charge cooler. (Plus cams, DTA etc etc)

M.

Not a 'celebrity' fan?! My wife loves it!

Nah - too many insurance adverts...

Shame about Kevs car, would loved to have seen it. Looked like a proper build and the attention to detail was outstanding.

Nah - too many insurance adverts...

Shame about Kevs car, would loved to have seen it. Looked like a proper build and the attention to detail was outstanding.

hahaha I'm with ya

I thought this was about the real Kevin Bacon buying a turbo :lol: I'm flattered it was about my Corrado exploits though!

I put a scary amount of time and money into that car! I learned a lot about engines & cars in general during the process though, which was an unexpected bonus. And loads of memories about humiliating cars costing 3, 5, & 10 times as much, so it was all worth it!

In the end, I had to move it on for sentimental reasons and also I felt I'd done everything I wanted to do to it.

I started reading it last Saturday Kev and was thinking "You know what - it doesn't look too difficult, I reckon I could do this" By about page four I think it was I soon realised how quickly I'd be out of my depth and would be better off just paying Vince :lol:

I started reading it last Saturday Kev and was thinking "You know what - it doesn't look too difficult, I reckon I could do this" By about page four I think it was I soon realised how quickly I'd be out of my depth and would be better off just paying Vince :lol:

Yeah I would mate :D Things can get real expensive, real fast. I wish I had the opportunity of a fixed and very reasonable drive-in, drive-out price at the time!