EssexPaul

Hello Everyone

Drop the passenger undertray and lift up the carpet. Stick your head in there and get someone to use a hose around it. Could be sunroof drain leaking down the A pillar trim, a poorly fitted windscreen, door seal or wing mirror seal, as well as the scuttle cover as mentioned. Worth checking it out whilst you're waiting for a new one to arrive.

The carpet is wet from the top right where the seal would be.

I did have the windscreen replaced in August so I shall get Autoglass out to check it

I changed my scuttle seal last week. Got it from heritage and followed the wiki on here. Relatively easy. Looking at your picture, have you removed the end part of the windscreen lower scuttle trim? As this helps deflect water away from the scuttle motor cover area. Whilst doing this its a great time to clear all the old rotted leaf products and the drain hole that goes through the inner wing.

Not an expensive job even if it isn't this that's leaking

Ignore my missing trim comment. ....I've seen it now.

Should have gone to specsavers!

Cheers Cressa! I think it was removed when I had an issue before.

Thank you all for your help so far.

I have been trying to get the car ready for sale would you believe since last summer but it has been problem after problem like you wouldn't believe!

Cheers Cressa! I think it was removed when I had an issue before.

Thank you all for your help so far.

I have been trying to get the car ready for sale would you believe since last summer but it has been problem after problem like you wouldn't believe!

the scuttle cover that is in your 1st picture could be the issue, rather than the foliage seal

I say this as I had an issue with the VR where someone had not fitted the scuttle cover you pictured correctly, such that the side of the cover closest to the wing was bent under the top of the cover.

this in turn caused a tiny gulley which was allowing the rain water to run directly into the top of the foliage cage thing. the foliage cage seal was perfectly fine but as the cover side had been crushed when fitted the water wasn't even hitting the seal

the scuttle cover side closest to the wing should be a flat vertical which comes down far enough to almost hide the foliage cover

Welcome Paul! Classic Green Storm, top of the pile in my opinion! :smug: :thumbleft:
No bias there then Sean!! :)

Can the scuttle cover that I pictured be purchased?

I tried getting a new one from VW themselves but they told me that the part had been obsolete for years :(

Can the scuttle cover that I pictured be purchased?

I tried getting a new one from VW themselves but they told me that the part had been obsolete for years :(

Give VW heritage or classic part a call in the morning... An alternative is an aftermarket full length scuttle panel that goes wing to wing.