Dan_Storm

Any Tips on Installing Injectors

I've just started fitting my refurbished injectors, and as expected they are a pain to fit.

I am inserting the injectors into the lower intake manifold before fitting the fuel rail. It is taking quite a bit of effort to get the injectors into the manifold and I am noticing the seals are either not sitting straight or pinched. Is this to be expected or have I ruined the seals?

Does anyone have any tips on installing new injectors? Any help appreciated.

I put a slight smear of oil on mine to aid fitment. Its difficult, but persist with light pressure. Don't try to force them like I did, and broke one of the tips that then fell into the chamber. Luckily I had a spare set, and my engine was on a stand so I turned it upside down and it fell out!

Thanks guys, I tried oil and silicon grease earlier but still struggled to get the o-rings in straight.

Did you manage to get your injector o-rings in completely straight? I am seeing more of the o-ring visible on one side. It looks like the seal is good, so I am not sure if it is anything to worry about or not.

I'm guessing they straighten up to some extent when the fuel rail is in place and bolted down.

Use some grease as advised above. I had some high temp white grease which was great. I found it slightly easier to fit to the injector rail first. Grease the lower o-ring and fit from one end working across the fuel rail. You'll find that you can get them to bottom out either in the rail or manifold but not both! Don't worry that's just how it is. Let us know how you get on.

I finally got them installed today. I was assuming that the injector had to go all the way back into the manifold.

It's running great now - smoother and feels quicker too :)

Thanks for the tips.