clarkie26

newbie from Ayrshire (Scotland)

Hi there am a newbie from scotland. Am looking to buy a corrado. I currently drive a mk1 golf cabriolet so am looking to swap sell for fund for a corrado

Welcome and good luck finding the right car - what you after VR6? What's the budget?

Am unsure what to get just now as I would be using it to travel to work etc but i really want a vr6. Once I sell the golf and saving up am hoping to have a budget of £2-3 grand an take it from there.

Depending on your journey to and from work a VR can be fine on MPG but if your just doing a short journey around town to work it will come down into the teens plus it will never get up to temperature. - They need nice longish runs to get the oil up to 70+

£3K should get you a good enough one if you shop around - there seem to be a fair few up there in Scotland

Im sure others on here can give some good advice on other Corrados

welcome - have a read of the buyers guide on here, if you havent already, lots of good info on there

FYI my journey to work is around 12 miles & after a short warm up on the drive it will get to temp each journey even in really cold weather. my mpg isnt too bad either, an average week will see around 180-200 ish miles for £35 worth of V-power (that obviously lowers the higher the cost of the fuel)

Hi, mine is probably going to be for sale soon and within your budget. The Corrado feels a lot more modern than a Mk1 so will be a nicer daily.

Just out of interest what the details on your car as I might know someone who would be interested?

I travel 16miles to work but its all motorway.

Its a 1987 mk1 golf cabrio clipper.

59000 miles with mot cert to back it up.

its has a folder full of receipts of work carried out.

Mot'd to Feb 2016

Needs a new roof

Has surface rust on the body work but nothing serious it would just need rubbed down treated and resprayed or respray the full car.

Slight oil leak from camshaft seal nothing serious but hoping to have it fix asap.

There's a couple of things needed but nothing major.

I would say it needs a small restoration to get it to its best. Its the original roof and paintwork from 1987.

I can send pictures to show

I travel 16miles to work but its all motorway.

Its a 1987 mk1 golf cabrio clipper.

59000 miles with mot cert to back it up.

its has a folder full of receipts of work carried out.

Mot'd to Feb 2016

Needs a new roof

Has surface rust on the body work but nothing serious it would just need rubbed down treated and resprayed or respray the full car.

Slight oil leak from camshaft seal nothing serious but hoping to have it fix asap.

There's a couple of things needed but nothing major.

I would say it needs a small restoration to get it to its best. Its the original roof and paintwork from 1987.

I can send pictures to show

Ah okay, I think he was looking for something with good bodywork Im afraid.

Down in Ayr myself.

There is a good few members from the surrounding area.

What about yourself.