Sign in to follow this  
Robbo149

Rear wiper won't turn off!

It was drizzling a bit this morning on the way to work so I had the wipers on, as you do, only the rear wiper wouldn't turn off! I also noticed that there was no pause between sweeps (it used to be about 5 secs). Anyone else had this? Is it likely to be a fault with the stalk or maybe a relay?

Cheers,

Robbo

Sorry, forgot to mention - it does stop when I switch the ignition off & no Phat, the washer only squirts when I hold the stalk down, as normal.

Cheers,

Robbo

Take the relay out and throw it at a wall.

If it doesn't break into 1000 pieces refit it... ;)

Well it works for hard drives....!!

Get a new one. It's number 19 I think, the tallest one on the relay board and black.

Or you can take it apart and check for badly burned contacts, dry solder joints etc.

K

Take the relay out and throw it at a wall.

If it doesn't break into 1000 pieces refit it... ;)

Well it works for hard drives....!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one Mat.

Cheers for the replies guys.

Ain't Corrados wonderful!... after nearly 20 years of reliable VW / Audi ownership, I've finally got the one I always wanted & it turns out to be the lemon!!! (only joking!) After spending the best part of a grand on the 100k overhaul stuff, first the coil pack packed up, then 2 leads inexplicably split, my alarm decides to get tempramental, next I find I've got a leaking sump gasket, & now my rear wiper goes dicky!... All this after 9 months of relatively trouble free motoring!

Robbo

Need more advice on this guys, I replaced the relay (position no. 2 on the board, mine was a small black one with 22 on the top Kev!). Still won't turn off!!!... what do I try next? Stalk, motor?

Cheers,

Robbo