Grrrrallye

Schrick fitment issues

Hi guys

I'm struggling to get everything reconnected in the engine bay since the old man pulled the engine out without marking anything up!

I have most of it sorted but have a few issues that I'm looking for some help on so here goes:

Should one of the nipples on the TB cooler have a non-return valve:

20150316_1959101_zpshigynoim.jpg

I only ask as the bit of pipe removed (but cut) had a small NR valve fitted so wondered if it is required and if so is it directional?

What secures the plastic HT lead guides?

20150316_1959001_zpskqhhjwdx.jpg

The hose with the UFO fitted for the breather that feeds back into the inlet wont reach:

20150316_1958411_zpsyfm4yjzi.jpg

I was thinking of doing away with this and using a catch can what do people recomend? £20 from ebay or £300 from black forest industries?

If I do go down the route of a catch can, can i remove all the vacuum connections or do i need one that goes onto the inlet still? Also at the same time can i remove the carbon filter and associated?

20150316_1958471_zpsvvxzldqg.jpg

I have no idea what this is for but it appears to be part of the breathing system so can it be removed?

Thanks

There should be another hose connected to the throttle body cooling, one of them hoses does have a one way valve in it, i've ran mine without for years as didn't know about it when fitting samco hoses. I did buy one and fit it but didn't notice any difference so took it off again.

These hold the ht lead covers on: 021133915B

223929_x800.jpg

Not sure why the PCV hose isn't reaching, it maybe needs turning a bit so the nipple is on top. i find it a piece of crap and have now gone for a catch can, I did get a 42draft designs one but only because someone on here was selling it.

I'm not sure on the carbon cannister, i'd like to ditch mine as well. Have herad people just vent the fuel lines to atmosphere, not sure how it affects the system and whether that blue valve is still required.

Thanks,

I have a set of Forge hoses and to be honest, I keep trying to get them to fit and I'm not convinced that they will fit at all. If they do they must be routed in a different way. I'm not sure at this time if I have a hose with the second connection for the top of the TB cooler.

I did try twisting and turning the PCV but can not get it all to reach, I assume with a catch can you have gone out from the PCV and returned from the can to the inlet?

I was thinking the same with the carbon, in my Rallye i just ditched it and vented to ambient however you do get fumes at times and the C has valve that the Rallye didnt

With the catch can you come straight out the cam cover (ditch all the plastic stuff with the valve) and then blank off the vacuum hoses, I still need to fit my engine and find a way to blank off the hole in the elbow, its looking like i'll stick some sort of bung on it and then jubilee clip on it.

Oh OK. I thought you needed to take the vent back to the inlet, just without the oil? Thought it had something to do with pressure balancing the inlet?

The kit i have just has a hose from the cam cover to the catch can. Then the can has an out hose with a small k&n filter on it.

Just looking into the catch can again. Does the other pipe need to be connected to the intake elbow as per the pcv valve to create the vacuum to pull all the oil vapours or is it left open?