carrots

lip on rear arch

The lip on the rear arch has got a little rust again due to the tyre catching ever so often.I need to get this sorted in next few weeks as it shows up on a white car.I have thought about grinding about 5mm off the lip.the very early corrado has got a wider lip than later models.has anyone tried this.cheers

I haven't done it but I'm probably

Going to go with it rather than roll the arches . So it doesn't catch the rear wheel . As was going to grind some off then rust treat the area , hoping it will be ok , can't see why not tbh

are you talking about the lip at the front of the arch towards the bottom? My left hand tyre rubs there and i had archenemy come over to roll it, but he said it couldn't be done because it was too thick apparently.

I cut mine back and there was no need for welding, just make sure you seal them up properly to stop rust. If you speak to a proper body shop supplier they have much better stuff than you'll get in halfords ect!

Dan have you got any pics? I'll post up where mine has rubbed. If you can indicate how much you cut back and then how you sealed it that would be great.