zygalski

Green VR6 1995 120k miles

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Corrado-2-9-Hatchback-VR6-/231519458775?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35e7a295d7

Up for £3495

Looks quite good.

Spoke to the dealer & car has basically been sat around for last 5 years whilst prev owners estate has been settled. Apparently starts ok but has to be warmed up a bit or else stalls when revved.

MOT runs out soon so will be redone as part of sale.

No rust, apparently & resprayed 6 or 7 years ago.

Bit of moulding missing, not sure if spoiler raises & lowers..

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Edited by zygalski

Its looks like one Kip was selling on behalf of the owners widdow a few years ago? There was a build thread too if its the same car?

EDIT

I found the for sale thread but unfortunatelly kip edited it once the car was sold

Edited by Dox

Its looks like one Kip was selling on behalf of the owners widdow a few years ago? There was a build thread too if its the same car?

EDIT

I found the for sale thread but unfortunatelly kip edited it once the car was sold

Couldn't find it looking at Kip's started threads profile. He's certainly in the right location for this though.

I'd have a look but it's a 5+ hour round trip & as I say, the car's been on blocks for several years according to the seller....

Couldn't find it looking at Kip's started threads profile. He's certainly in the right location for this though.

I'd have a look but it's a 5+ hour round trip & as I say, the car's been on blocks for several years according to the seller....

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=75888

No help as it was edited out

The wheels make it memorable for me

Oh ok, thanks.

Car is in Salisbury now & I thought you meant another member who lives there. Shame that thread is edited because there seems to be virtually no history for M85 MWP.

Oh ok, thanks.

Car is in Salisbury now & I thought you meant another member who lives there. Shame that thread is edited because there seems to be virtually no history for M85 MWP.

I bumped it as mods may be able to read the pre editted thread?

Its right near me so i might have a look at it see what kind of history it has etc

I'd appreciate that. Also how it runs & if you can take it on a test drive :)

No worries, ill try and see if he is available friday unfortunately i work until early evenings so wont be able to look any sooner, any specifics that you want checking let me know.

So as promised I saw it today, initially I thought it looked really good! It was raining so potentially hid a lot of small scratches. Anyway looked closer and noticed the following: both front arches were starting to rust on the inner lip seperating the paint, passenger side was a bit hazy but would polish up well, both fogs were cracked and one was lose however indicators were fine. Bumper had a few scratches but nothing bad, bonnet was good but had a touch up at the top which was fairly obvious. It had a new windscreen but as such the rubber trim was loose. Rest of the outside looked very good bar a small dent on the rear arch. Passenger side front and rear side mouldings were missing. Interior was very good tiny bit of scuffing on drivers bolster. Engine sounded a bit tappy on start but chains sounded ok. Drove really well everything works inc heater, spoiler, sunroof except drivers mirror mech was slipping. But when I got back the radiator was steaming! The seller is fixing it. Very little history service book is stamped till 111000 but no docs for any other work. Looks like it had very little use for 7 years seeing the mot print out. The wheels are 17in and are in good condition so woud sell for the cost of speedlines

Hope this helps

Thanks. Saves me a trip.

Had my Mk2 Astra GTE rusty O/S inner & outer wheel arch & O/S lower rear quarter panel sorted last year by my local bodyshop for £850. Don't really want to blow £1500 into bodywork on a car straight away, before even starting on servicing & mechanicals.

Dreamers who sell these cars always say the same stuff "oh it's only a bit of rust, but they all do that & it'll only be a few hundred quid to sort". Well if that's the case why not get it sorted before you sell? :scratch:

Long term neglect on the bodywork & no service history since 2007. Ahm oot.

Edited by zygalski

Yeah the seller was a nice chap didnt know much about corrados and apparently it was sat in the garage awaiting payment for the mot eventually the owner offered it to the garage im not sure for how much...its always disappointing to see a car with 1 owner from 2000 have no receipts!

Well I ended up buying this car in September last year and it's ended up being quite a good one.

I have managed to sort the poor idling issue out with the help of Vince at stealth and it runs great now after a lot of loving LTC which I have quite enjoyed doing and learning about.

I brought it with a full MOT on it and in fairness it should never have been given one as when I got it stripped down a couple of ball joints were split right open, exhaust was blowing from the mid section and other things such a the 'tell tail' on the dash for the high beam wasn't working. All this was easily sorted though.

The dealer never did change the Radiator so it was still leaking when I drove it in September, so much for him sorting that out.

I have changed the alloys for some new split rim BBS's with new tyres and I've fitted some coil overs as the originals were on there last legs, I'm not a boy racer so I've only dropped it a bit but it does make the stance of the car better to look at.

Ironically on the paint, it has had a re-spray before as mentioned but when you look closely it is quite a poor one as there are lots of fibres in the top coat. It's actually being fully stripped and re-sprayed on Wednesday which will take around 4 weeks.

All in all not a bad car really for 22 years old so once finished in July I can have a good drive in it before winter sets in :dance:

Sorry I have only just seen this reply congratulations I hope it is still running well from what I remember the interior was spot on, I'm glad somebody bought it and changed those alloys!

Sorry I have only just seen this reply congratulations I hope it is still running well from what I remember the interior was spot on, I'm glad somebody bought it and changed those alloys!

It's great... would love to put some pictures up but I just can't get it to work..

It's great... would love to put some pictures up but I just can't get it to work..

I use photobucket, pictures upload straight from your phone, once they are there you highlight the image, click info and touch the bottom link, which will copy it, then just paste it in here . Dead easy ;)