Grrrrallye

9" Rears??

Is anyone running 9" rear wheels?

I'm looking at Borbet A's in a staggered set of 16x7.5 and 16x9.

I'm not going for a big drop, just a little, I have widened the arches.

is anyone running similar with or without issues it would be good to have an idea if these are going to be grief if i ever find a set

Have ran 9 and currently have 9.5 depends on offset really and how much your arxhes have been pulled

I ran that exact setup on my old valver without arch rolled, I run 16x9 et15 on rear on my vr with arches rolled and pulled slightly now and catches now and then but I do run it quite low

So I'm guessing 10" rears are out the question.. Been offered 10" rears and 9" front Brocks, looking through google there seems to be loads of C's and mk3 Golfs running them.

If it's gonna mean massive arch work then I will keep them for the next project that should soon follow.

100% will need arch work for 10's unless you want to run it sky high. Patman on here, who recently sold his R32 Corrado was in the process of fitting some brocks in those fitments, might be worth looking for his build thread.

Do you guys know of anyone running Borbet A's?

Been looking into these and wondering if i will need spacers on the front to clear the calipers as the et is only 20

That's the look I'm after. Guessing 7.5 front and 9 rear.]

Do you have any issues with caliper clearance at the front?

My plan is to run 312mm breaks at the front as well

Liam your car looks the mutts nuts mate . Stunning on them rims . I'm putting 8.5 on tears this sat et32 I'm hoping they go on no bother

That's the look I'm after. Guessing 7.5 front and 9 rear.]

Do you have any issues with caliper clearance at the front?

My plan is to run 312mm breaks at the front as well

If I was a betting man I'd say 9j on all four corners, one of my favourite rims. They just ooze Germaness (is that even a word)...

Cheers lads! They are 9s all round - no issues with caliper clearance although I am only running the 280mm setup.

This is how it currently sits 16x9 et4 upfront & et-2 on rears :) (excuse the rusty wing, this has been replaced!)

image.jpg1_zpsokk6vpok.jpg

Edited by Liam20vT

I presume you all know, but just in case, the vr6 has wider track than the other models.

I can't quite see from that photo but I presume you are 4 stud Liam? I'm running et15 on my vr6 and wheels poke out a fair bit

[ATTACH]81298[/ATTACH]

Your right swiftkid, I am indeed on 4 stud. Your VR does poke a lot more than mine on borbets. Nothing a bit of stretch can't sort out :)

Yeah, mine is a VR so yeah it will poke more but the arches have been extended but i have heard it said that I will need spacers on the front??

I've got 16x7.5 Borbet T's front and rear but the rear has a one inch spacer. I rub pretty hard on a decent bump but normal driving isn't so bad. I have 2 16x9 for the rear but I'm a bit scared to put them on before I roll my fenders. I seem to have a softer suspension than I should though.