delfinis38

Leather treatment..

Any recommendation of which product to use...

Don't think I need a restorer or to re colour...

It just looks dry... It's never been treated.

I use the Autoglym range on mine , brings them up nicely .

Do you use the cleaner then balm ? What quantity do you need for a complete interior ?

I use Gliptone which is pretty good. The cleaner is a little gloopy so you tend to use more than needed, but the conditioner is very good. I also have some of the furniture clinic conditioner which is also very good, and gives you long lasting leather smell!

The Gliptone ones I have are 250ml, and the will give you around 5 full applications, with 1 clean and 2 condition each application.

Edited by seanl82

I use Gliptone which is pretty good. The cleaner is a little gloopy so you tend to use more than needed, but the conditioner is very good. I also have some of the furniture clinic conditioner which is also very good, and gives you long lasting leather smell!

The Gliptone ones I have are 250ml, and the will give you around 5 full applications, with 1 clean and 2 condition each application.

+1

Glipstone leather cleaner to clean then Glipstone leather conditioner :)

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/gliptone-liquid-leather-cleaner/prod_211.html

Edited by Wayne2015

Used meguiars last weekend and it seemed to do the trick but my seats are in fine fettle so can't say what it would be like on very dry seats.

Do you use the cleaner then balm ? What quantity do you need for a complete interior ?

You don't use a great deal to be honest , I've also used the glyptone cleaner .

I've used the megs wipes, Autoglym, gliptone, furniture clinic and currently using one called "einszett leather care lederpflege" which i like best.

I think the thing with leather is regular cleaning rather than trying to spread a cream over it to magically transform it. After all they do call it a sealed leather product, if you spill a drink on them it doesn't soak in.

Gliptone was good, but really stank, people would comment on it as i'd end up smelling of it, they thought i was wearing a cream from the doctor

Gliptone was good, but really stank, people would comment on it as i'd end up smelling of it, they thought i was wearing a cream from the doctor

Lol

I like it!

It brings back the leather smell :lol:

But maybe each to their own!

Oh

Beware what leather u have!

If yours quite modern then they have a protective layer on top.

So however u clean/nourish it may not make a difference unless u remove that protective layer.

As for old leather where its brittle, dried and hard as a tree bark like mine other car...Gliptone does wonders to it as it very gooey stuff to soak into :thumb right:

@Delfini

Where u based?

I got some Gliptone for u to try if u want?

+2 for Gliptone - also use it on TT and 80 Cabriolet and can't really fault it, does bring back the suppleness and also the leather smell.