kdub

No clutch

Alright ladies and gents.

Went to try and drive the vr this morning for the first time since last August.

Started first turn and let it warm up. Went to select a gear to drive it forward and no joy. Just unable to select a gear. Had issues before with stiff selection and bled the clutch which seemed to fix it at the time.

So thinking the clutch slave cylinder is on its way or done so to speak. I have had a long around the net for a new part but to no joy.pedal does come back up but doesn't feel right in terms of resistance.

Anyone know where to get one or a service kit to replace the seals etc.

Clutch slave cylinder would be a good place to start and it's a fairly easy DIY job. I replaced mine around a year ago and the original literally came out in bits. A quick search for a VR6 Corrado clutch slave cylinder on e-bay will show a selection. I paid in the high £40s for the one I used but they can be had cheaper. The link below is a typical example.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLUTCH-SLAVE-CYLINDER-VW-Corrado-Coupe-VR6-1989-1995-2-9L-190-BHP-Top-German-/201059638140?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item2ed0169b7c

have you tried engaging gear from under the hood?

reason i ask is that before i sold my valver, which i now have brought back, it was standing in neutral for some time. i too then had an issue in selecting gear.

my friend who was a VW mechanic showed me the gear selector on top of the gear box, applied lots of WD40 & let soak in, then as i held the clutch down he manually manipulated the selector. half hour of working it about & i had a nice gear change again

Can you sellect gears with the engine switched off?