Jim

BMC CDA reassembly failure.. SUSSED IT.

Pretty sure you can get the MAF from Euro Car Parts for reasonable money. Proper Bosch one too.

Cheers Jim

Just checked on ECP - at £232 - no thanks :shocked!:

I got a spare used one - so may try that ..

Weird. Sure I'd seen them sub-£100. I'll try find the thread where it came up.

Is yours the plastic type or metal type?

Weird. Sure I'd seen them sub-£100. I'll try find the thread where it came up.

Is yours the plastic type or metal type?

Er

Plastic i think?

That's why I asked if it was the metal type! :) So yeah, the more expensive one for you alas.

That's why I asked if it was the metal type! :) So yeah, the more expensive one for you alas.

Fecking thing! GRRRR :snipersmile::snipersmile::snipersmile:

:lol:

So mine is metal then?

VR6

1697E714-A2AC-4672-96E7-8FC0D8DEB3EC-3691-000006625CC15EB1_zpsnxlj8dp2.jpg

I was reading a VW Vortex thread about whether it's possible to swap sensors over in the housing. Has anyone on here looked into this?

Sorry to hijack your thread, Jim (the other one!)

JimB

So what u doing to fix it?

I've kinda replaced most of the car, except the fuel pump (honestly its easier to list the parts i haven't replaced).

I had a collection of parts so decided to fit everything in one big hit. Has taken a year so far :lol:

I was reading a VW Vortex thread about whether it's possible to swap sensors over in the housing. Has anyone on here looked into this?

Yes, but a bit too late after i got my replacement. I bought a new one from GSF (OBD2 mind you) but you can get the sensor itself separately on ebay. There are some security allen head screws which you can remove carefully with pliers and then replace them with normal stainless self tappers. I'll post the link up to the OBD2 sensor shortly

I've kinda replaced most of the car, except the fuel pump (honestly its easier to list the parts i haven't replaced).

I had a collection of parts so decided to fit everything in one big hit. Has taken a year so far :lol:

Wow :eek:

Good luck too! :thumbleft:

Thanks, i'm just hoping the car will work again, replaced so much stuff and not really tested anything as i go, i just plan to build it all up and then start it :lol:

Yes, but a bit too late after i got my replacement. I bought a new one from GSF (OBD2 mind you) but you can get the sensor itself separately on ebay. There are some security allen head screws which you can remove carefully with pliers and then replace them with normal stainless self tappers. I'll post the link up to the OBD2 sensor shortly

Great. It's no problem for me as luckily I have the later plastic type MAF - but will be of interest to Wayne :)

Thanks, i'm just hoping the car will work again, replaced so much stuff and not really tested anything as i go, i just plan to build it all up and then start it :lol:

It will Jim :thumbleft:

It will :o

Great. It's no problem for me as luckily I have the later plastic type MAF - but will be of interest to Wayne :)

Nah

I not that brave! :eek:

Thought everyone knew that by now ;)