borarob

Valver Project, back from the body shop!!

They are error free bulbs, they don't flash crazy quick like when you have a bulb out, in fact it might even be normal, just quicker than I'm used to in the audi. To me it doesn't warrant fitting resistors as well.

Will have to look into some of them then, quite like the sill plates, have you got any other pics of them :)

Will get some more pics. They are nice only trouble is the double sided tape is about as sticky as a Teflon ice cube

She looks absolutely gorgeous. Love the colour and the sill plates been eyeing these up on eBay for some time now

Cheers Joe.

Couple more jobs done yesterday. Sound proofing added to the doors. I used butyl flashing from screw fix. Cheap and has worked well

20150729_115756.jpg

After that I put new inner plastic on the doors. The old stuff was shot

20150729_113221.jpg20150729_121323_1.jpg

During the body work I decided not to delete the rear wiper as I want to put this back to standard eventually. However I do love the look of the rear without the wiper, so I used the bung method and got rid of the mech. Transforms the are! 20150729_131943.jpg20150729_131951.jpg

I was gonna use flashing tape to sound deaden the doors in mine, was there anything in particular you used or is it just flashing tape. How does it come

It comes on a reel. I got the 100mm wide stuff. I think it's 10m for about £17. Needs to be butyl stuff and not lead or bitumen. It's self adhesive so no problem applying it. Using the tap test each door went from a bit rattly and tinny sounding to nice and 'thuddy'. I also did the door card around where the speaker fits. Stereo sounds a bit better and no rattles. Going to do my boot with it next

Gonna go and buy some of the tape tonight and also some of the plastic sheeting to replace my knackered stuff. Did you double sided tape it on?

Think the norm is to use butyl tape. Have a search on door membrane lots on it.

Edited by delfinis38

I had loads of the plastic sheeting. Got it from heritage. I used it doubled up. I used double sided tape to stick to the door. Then I used clear plastic tape over the top to seal down the edges. The butyl tape is good and certainly does make a difference. It might not be as good as dynamat but I'm not building and spl car or anything daft so for my needs it fits the bill.

Very nice mate ! Gonna attack my doors this aft, did you just press it down or use one of them wooden rollers?

Unbelievable bad luck a week ago in rado. First proper druve out. Only it as the alternator belt snapped in the A4. Driving past a cricket ground and out of nowhere the bloody cricket ball hit the car! Yes he hit a six but why did ut have to hit my car. Lovely dent in the wing. Thankfully it was a perfect PDR job and has now been removed.cricket club are paying for the damage too.

In other news I've put spacers on the front to get rid of the tuck and have also cleared the garage to tuck her up in over the winter.

that's what I expect to happen, I live the next street on from Scarborough cricket ground, fingers crossed we haven't had any balls for a while tho! Just takes a good left handed batsman tho!