marks2

How to value my car? Satin Silver G60

I have owned my G60 for coming up to 4 years and in that time i've managed around 400 miles.

I've now come to the realization that i'm not going to start driving it any time soon and that the sensible thing to do would be to sell.

It's a 92 on a J-Plate. Satin Silver with 84K miles.

The interior is Black Cloth and in superb condition but the real feature is the car is totally stock.

No mods. It's as it rolled out of the factory (build wise).

Despite having 7 former keepers it's got a history as long as your arm including replacement supercharger (New not reconditioned).

I have no idea how to value the car as the prices seem to be all over the shop and most G60's are modified.

The bumpers have been re-sprayed in the past, the rear has some micro blisters and the front a couple of scrapes.

The wings have been painted in the past along with the bonnet (i'm guessing to remove stone chips). I can't see any signs of paint on the body / doors and the colour match is very good.

There are a couple of minor dents (roof + sides). I had a paintless dent repair guy out to look at another car and he took a look and thought he could take most out.

The ends of the sills by the rear wheels have a small amount of corrosion.

It's SORN and the MOT ran out in April. I've not got around to MOT'ing it as the car is not insured and it's a pain insuring it for a week.

Any help /comments appreciated.

I would have said it sounds quite desirable, being a stock car and silver, a fairly rare colour .

If the bodywork is good and it's mechanicaly sound 4-5k ?

Just paid 2800 for my 92 G60. Paint work was faded with number of parking dings. It was totally standard. Hope this gives you a bit of an idea. It has done 138k with jmr re built charger.

Well I've posted it for sale and nothing. Not a single query.

Is it the fact that it doesn't have an MOT? Or is the price too high?

Strange as the market for other hot hatches from that era seems to very buoyant.

I am starting to wonder if breaking the car is the right way to go...

Getting a MOT and a fresh service would help with your marketing. It would show that the car is in a driveable condition and at least show prospective purchasers that they can drive it away and enjoy it, rather than making a trip direct to the MOT station with all the uncertainties that could bring. It may also be worth getting the dents repaired.

Getting an MOT is a big issue for me. The G60 has never been my daily and I will have to insure it to drive it to and from the MOT station.

To be honest i'm leaning towards breaking it at the moment as I need it gone which is a crying shame given there are very few left in this condition.

Insurance doesn't have to be for a year... You could just insure it for a month or even a week. Tax you can pay monthly.

Find a garage that will collect, mot and return the car to you.

Insurance doesn't have to be for a year... You could just insure it for a month or even a week. Tax you can pay monthly.

Yeah i know. I was hoping that it would sell without having to go through the aggravation of phoning my insurance company to get cover for a limited period. It was a right pain the last time i did it.

Why not just ask your regular garage to collect it?

That assumes I have a regular garage!

Looking at the pics in the add it looks stunning but, regardless of the mileage, if it's not mot'd and barely been driven there is potential for unknown issues that will put many off paying top money for it. It's not as if there is a huge market either. Get a ticket on it and I can't see it taking much to shift. Good ones never take long to sell but without an mot it's basically project car money if you want to shift it quick.

You might struggle getting an MOT with corrosion near the sill rears due to their proximity to the rear suspension locating points. Not a difficult job to cut out and repair though.

You might struggle getting an MOT with corrosion near the sill rears due to their proximity to the rear suspension locating points. Not a difficult job to cut out and repair though.

It only small amount on the end of the arch. The sills are sound.

I'm probably going to sorn my S4 and MOT the G60 with a view to selling it. If anyone is interested let me know as it'll be back on the road in a few weeks time.