SR_Neale

Sr_neale's red 92 G60 and black 89 G60

I like that colour Neale - kind of the anthracite I was referring to but maybe this one is a touch lighter in full light, hard to tell from the pics due to the shadowing

how about that colour centre & then with a black lip (not matte though)?

easier to keep shiny than a polished lip for example - as I am finding out on my RX2's lol

Was thinking about some sort of chrome paint for the rims but haven't used it before so not confident. Every you tube video shows a different method and not sure that it wouldn't chip when being un masked and don't know if it can be painted over. Not sure of black rims cos due to needing to stay on top of dressing tyres other wise they end up looking grey. The colour looks dark silver when flat but quite dark when on the car. I believe it's the same silver you get on the dark silver polo's it's a vw colour anyway.

Not done anything with Corby lately except drive her to let the AP's settle. Had to raise the fronts by 10mm so I can get it in and out of the garage/ up the curb. She still scrapes but nothing a few bits of wood doesn't sort out. I am supprised just how comfortable they are for how low I've got her. I would defo recommend AP coilovers as a good budget option.

I have come to the very difficult decision to sorn her over winter as the list of jobs is mounting up and this way I can get it in the workshop and totally strip interior including dash to sort rattles and re new matrix. Also I'm gonna crack on with rusted sill and re spray passenger side sorting out the parking dents etc. plus all the other bits like sorting reverse lights, clocks, handbrake blah blah blah.

Wish me luck.

Not done anything with Corby lately except drive her to let the AP's settle. Had to raise the fronts by 10mm so I can get it in and out of the garage/ up the curb. She still scrapes but nothing a few bits of wood doesn't sort out. I am supprised just how comfortable they are for how low I've got her. I would defo recommend AP coilovers as a good budget option.

I have come to the very difficult decision to sorn her over winter as the list of jobs is mounting up and this way I can get it in the workshop and totally strip interior including dash to sort rattles and re new matrix. Also I'm gonna crack on with rusted sill and re spray passenger side sorting out the parking dents etc. plus all the other bits like sorting reverse lights, clocks, handbrake blah blah blah.

Wish me luck.

a man with a plan - tidy :D

Little change in plans now after yet another flat tyre on the wife's car it was the last straw so we have decided to break it for spares never again will I buy another vauxhall. So the plan is to use Corby as the family daily while I use the money we save to restore her mk1 cabbie. Then once the mk1's done full strip down and re spray is on the cards for Corby.

Also fitted the new clocks I got from lilfuzzer cheers dude. So for the first time since buying her I now have a rev counter and clock that works the only test left is to see if the speedo works but can't at the mo as it's sorn and I can't be bother to jack it up to test it. I never thought I would be so happy to watch a rev counter go up and down. It's the little victories that are the best sometimes. But on the down side I broke both the covers for the screws in the corner of the clock facia. Boo. Also the water temp light is now flashing which it didn't before. So I'm not sure if it's the clocks or more likely the car itself as I doubt that light worked in the first place as only the temp and petrol worked on the old clocks. Any suggestions on how to find out which one it is.

Finally got the new alarm fitted yesterday so now have a little more confidence when leaving it parked anywhere. She has only been sorn for 2 weeks and missing driving her already oh well she will be back on the road for December.

Not posted up in a while and all previous plans have gone out the window. After looking into the rust I found by where the rear quater and sill meet it is looking very bad repairable but not great along with the dreaded rust around both front and rear screens as well as a few minor spots of rust on the under side I have decided to do a full bare metal resto. But the problem is that would leave us with no car as managed to sell the zafira. So I have managed to pick up another G60 with a knackered engine but better than average body. Plan is to put corbs engine into the black shell along with the leather interior I have had stored in the loft for months. I am setting myself 2 months to give the black one a 75% re spray which no doubt will turn into a full respray then Corby will be off the road. Once I have finished the wife's mk1 cab Corby will get the full treatment she deserves then do a bare shell resto on the black one.

Been over a year now since I last posted on hear and literally notching has been done to either of my G60's mainly due to my new job leaving me less spare time. I was using Corby as a daily for work until she started to over heat. Pulled out the thermostat and it was working ok but the housing warped so wouldn't make a seal. Failed the sniff test so suspected head gasket gone. So she has been sat in the garage since april while I save up the money for parts. My mate from work who is a mechanic turned fitter is coming round to help me take it all apart so I can send the head off to be crack tested / skimmed and possibly a cheeky port polish depending on cost. Will also hone (spelling) out the bores and renew piston rings. Only problem is I don't know which engine to do it too. Option 1 is to do the rebuild on corbys engine while in the car which means I won't be able to paint the block as well as I could which will bug me. Or drop the engine out of Donner (don't ask) on the cross member and clean/paint every thing then swap it all over. Thoughts?

Don't waste time painting block etc if you're going to actually use it, I did this once when I fitted a G60 in my Jetta and looking at it after 2 months of daily driving I realised I should have spent less time painting and could have had more time driving :p

What size are those Le Castellets? Look like the rare 15"x6.5J ones

Yes the alloys are. They was originally on my wife's mk1 which I borrowed while I got the original bbs alloys re furbed. I don't doubt I will regret painting the block buy the ocd in me still wants to do it plus ill have time on my hands while the head is off being done.