SR_Neale

Sr_neale's red 92 G60 and black 89 G60

Hello all have been meaning to start a build thread but have only just learnt how to post pics. It's a 92 red G60 in standard form. It has done 138k with a recent charger rebuild by jmr along with re con vr6 gearbox and clutch. Engine is sound but the same cant be said for the body work. I have already started the repairs with re spray of drivers side rear 1/4, door (damaged by scum bag when trying to break in) front wing and bonnet. Here are some pics and will update as I go. [ATTACH]81846[/ATTACH][ATTACH]81847[/ATTACH][ATTACH]81848[/ATTACH][ATTACH]81849[/ATTACH][ATTACH]81850[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81851[/ATTACH]

Edited by SR_Neale

Also have stolen the wheels from the wife's mk1 caddie for the time being while I re furb the bbs's but like how they look so might keep them on and buy some new ones for the golf.

Also have stolen the wheels from the wife's mk1 caddie for the time being while I re furb the bbs's but like how they look so might keep them on and buy some new ones for the golf.

agreed, they do look good

agreed, they do look good

Cheers. I think it's safe to say she has lost them just need a good clean as they have been sat out in the garden for over a year.

Friday was spent installing new stereo and last 2 days wet flating and polishing = one shinny car and one cream crackered little me. [ATTACH]81889[/ATTACH][ATTACH]81890[/ATTACH][ATTACH]81891[/ATTACH][ATTACH]81892[/ATTACH][ATTACH]81893[/ATTACH][ATTACH]81894[/ATTACH][ATTACH]81895[/ATTACH][ATTACH]81896[/ATTACH]

So have spent another another 2 days cleaning the car. You know how it is you take the front seats out to clean out the runners and re grease. Which turned into I'll just tuck the stereo cable away while I've got access which turned into removing bottom half of rear seats. Which turns into I'll give it a good hover out while everything's out. That turns into borrow my dads wet vac and do carpets properly which turns into well already got the vac so I'll do the seats. Long story short my 2 days off work completely gone. All for the love of corrados.

[ATTACH]81937[/ATTACH]

Oh yeah and I re blacked the interior trim and finished polishing 2 wheels. 3 down 1 to go.

So not updated for a while pretty much as I haven't done anything to write about unless you count re fitting the tow bar. Went to skeg vagas over the weekend. What a show loads of different vdubs and great weather what more could you ask for? 300 mile round trip with no new issues except the knocking from the rear where the top mount has gone is getting worse so that has bumped up to the top of the to do list. Hopefully if all goes well will have a leather interior to go in by the end of the month. d4e8bafa2024b946e357aadc1c028b7a.jpg what are the chances of pulling up for the show and shine for a red valver to pull up next to me. 2d42321de9c74e05e42c491e26cd3c49.jpgf601d24fb1202e7cf9df736fcb2d7d0d.jpg the other rados at the show and shine. 642adf2e9aca22ef53e557913d1681a5.jpgthe view from my wing mirror on the way home.

Picked up the leather interior a couple of weeks ago. Cheers joe3954 nice to meet you I enjoyed comparing rados. On the journey noticed a knocking noise coming from passenger side rear suspension. Realising the mot was overdue from first of the month (good job I don't driver her that often so been in garage since then) so Yesterday set about looking into it hoping for a worn top mount but what I found was this. 10f85274c4170ff6b39bf804211523da.jpgd04be32c9a5251542b876588295b51f3.jpgf1fd3c3b0e3e545c2ec79d024752e72b.jpg

I think I said oh sugar or similar when I saw it.

I have decided to replace with AP coilovers as have heard good things said about them so will have to get ebaying. Today I decided to remove front suspension on passengers side ready for new ones to turn up. Thought it would be rude not to give the arches a quick clean while the opportunity was there. 6ff8fe0a51bf5155bb150a75244d5b03.jpg6a93df2bf51488095e76aecddd56be0c.jpg

Also found this to do over the winterec66082828fffdad39c95538ce60457e.jpg

The AP coilovers arrived yesterday after what seemed like forever. So fitted over course of yesterday and today. Shame I can't take it for a test drive as still no mot. 5be99e6c37c7c5ef66d20cde707615a9.jpg6a5e3b36456450c2a16ad1d424ee4eab.jpg

Bye bye 4x4

Cheers mic. Long way to go yet but now it's at a proper ride height I'm a lot happier. Why vw made the suspension that high I will never know.

Corrbie droped off at mot station this morning. Fingers toes and eyes crossed. Will post results later.

good luck Corrbie!

Woo hoo mot passed only a couple of advisorys. Hand brake on the limit and rattle from back box. Not bad at all. AP's performed well now just have to remember to drive accordingly.

Go on corbs! Lovely to see another one up and around.

Let us know how you get on with the AP coilovers? considering them for mine some time next year.

Go on corbs! Lovely to see another one up and around.

Let us know how you get on with the AP coilovers? considering them for mine some time next year.

Will do. Gonna let them settle for a couple of hundred miles then re adjust and getting tracking re aligned.

Cheers goldfinger. When you starting your seats? Waiting to hear how you get on before starting mine.

hopefully within the next few weeks m8

I managed to fit the new matrix in the valver a week or so ago & the feed & return hoses arrived this week so fingers crossed I will have heat in it by the end of the weekend

that would then mean I can drive the valver to work & frees up the VR to take the seats out to refurb

I have to say I am very pleased indeed with the result steering wheel refurb produced

also, IIRC, easy pops has not long done his cream leather using the glyptone suff

Woo hoo mot passed only a couple of advisorys. Hand brake on the limit and rattle from back box. Not bad at all. AP's performed well now just have to remember to drive accordingly.

congrats m8, good to hear its got a new ticket :)

So finally convinced the wife to let me have some money to re furb the bbs's but don't know what colour to go with. Options are all silver, white, dark grey, or silver rims with either white, dark grey or mix the white and dark grey together? Opinions please.

Here's a little taster of the before and after stage 1 of re furb. Photo taken on phone so excuse the poor quality. 9fb4edadfc6f4dec66326944dc6e4f74.jpg

hi m8

I like the BBS's.

As for colour, hmm a tough one.

Personally I like BBS wheels when they have a different colour lip to centre. I think maybe an anthracite grey centre with either a polished or silver lip

I think black centre may be too dark against the red body work & unsure if a white centre would work

I wonder do we have any photoshop geniuses that could take you wheel image & car image & mock up a few options?