Sign in to follow this  
baz

Whos owned a g60 and a vr6?

G60 anyday.

smoked a VR the other day n mines standard.

he had handling problems.

now when i up the power i wouldn't like to think how far behind the VR will be. :lol:

of course it all depends on the driver and how far he/she would be prepared to push their C..........i for one have had a few scary moments in my Vr cos of their on-limit handling probs.....due to the standard suspension set-up....more geared for autobahn cruising than the standard G-60 set-up which imo is better suited to most roads you encounter in day-to-day driving

just my 2p's worth

yeah the G60 is much more raw.

very different cars indeed. I didnt expect much difference before I drove one.

why not try both?

campaign that explains alot with your theory of the 8v and 16v.

So say i buy a g60 for £4000 how much would a charger rebuild, chip and pulley cost including an estimate of labour. This would bring the g60 to around 200bhp but what i want to know is:

Can the actual car handle this upgrade to 200bhp. All will i need to change brakes clutch an other things like gearbox!

Apart from the engine, interior and weight is the g60 as same as the 16v?

I cant belive i never even knew about this forum you guys have been very helpful!

Much appreciated :D

Always a pleasure mate,

The car will handle 200bhp without any problems whatsoever. My last G60 was up to about 195bhp and well within it's limits. I wouldn't necessarily advise a filter (as they can suck items into the Charger unit)

Baz if you havent already put a post in the wanted section. You could also join the Corrado club and drop an add in the sprinter. All depends on how much time you want to spend finding the right car.

l8trs

hi people, sorry to jack the post, but some have said its hard to get the VR6 up to 200bhp... but ain't they already up there in the 190's as standard? And could the handling of the VR6 be improved with some custom suspension?

Chris

hi people, sorry to jack the post, but some have said its hard to get the VR6 up to 200bhp... but ain't they already up there in the 190's as standard? And could the handling of the VR6 be improved with some custom suspension?

Chris

Yeah the standard VR is supposed to be around 190.

Can easily get it to over 200 (assuming you are pretty close to begin with) with a chip, induction kit and a de-cat.

My 76K VR6 is already at 200bhp (193lb/ft) on 95 UL and it's standard. Vince of stealth reckons the VR is in it's prime between 70 & 80,000 miles.

Vince has rollered another standard VR and that showed 212bhp!

As with many makes and models, power output varies from car to car but the main reason VR6s can feel sluggish is when the Cam position sensor packs up. You lose 30bhp straight away and because you get used to the power loss so quickly, you don't realise until you either roller it or plug in VAG COM.

A lot of how much you can hike the power by depends on the health of the engine. Obviously engines like mine and that 212hp example would respond well to mods and produce good results. I've seen Cammed up and flowed VR6s producing barely better than standard outputs. It would be nice to try before you buy, eh?

Kev

94 VR6

And could the handling of the VR6 be improved with some custom suspension?

Chris

Yes definitley. If MK2 Golf VR6 boys can get their cars to handle well, you can certainly get a Corrado VR6 to handle well, especially as it has the Plus running gear on it's side. It's just a matter of matching quality dampers with good springs and anti-roll bars. Yes we VR drivers are constantly aware of that dead weight over the wheels but in real world scenarios, it's not that big a deal and we're not far behind you 4 bangers in the bends :lol:

Kev