ssaunders

Corrado turbo synchro

Hi All, am a regular at the VR6 OC. Just popped in to say hi and that Jaded and Oz's Blackberry turbo has gone to a good home.

I hope to be seen at some of the upcoming events, come say Hi.

Ttfn

Steve

Forgot to add anyone with history on the car I would love to hear from you.

S

Welcome - not seen it in the flesh yet but looked like an awesome car. It started life in my home town I believe and still never saw it Lol!

Today I am at the stage of - what goes wrong next!

In the last 2 months of owning the Rado

Actually wired in the AFR meter to the ECU - it helps with the tuning now rather than looking pretty!

New ford coil pack install

New plugs

New rear disc and pads

Battery relocation to boot - this helped find the overcharging alternator 17-18 volts!

New fuel pump relay as a previous owner only used a 30 amp relay for both lifter and main pump!

Install 2nd hand alternator - 4 hours labour as the bolts had seized and it needed smashing out! Extra bonus as this solved the stalling at lights issue!

New Aux belt

4 new H7 bulbs as alternator had blown them

New ITG filter where battery was

And today

New ignition switch, which I was dreading! A previous owner had changed it and swapped bolts etc so 20 mins and done (forum posts suggested 2-3 hours) RESULT!

while I was there a new indicator/light stalk as I had to drive home the other night holding the main beam on with one hand while negotiating single lane country roads.

Booked in for remap next week at redline tuning

Next, who knows? It's just a matter of time........

I hope everyone has a great bank holiday!

S

Edited by ssaunders

Today I am at the stage of - what goes wrong next!

In the last 2 months of owning the Rado

Actually wired in the AFR meter to the ECU - it helps with the tuning now rather than looking pretty!

New ford coil pack install

New plugs

New rear disc and pads

Battery relocation to boot - this helped find the overcharging alternator 17-18 volts!

New fuel pump relay as a previous owner only used a 30 amp relay for both lifter and main pump!

Install 2nd hand alternator - 4 hours labour as the bolts had seized and it needed smashing out! Extra bonus as this solved the stalling at lights issue!

New Aux belt

4 new H7 bulbs as alternator had blown them

New ITG filter where battery was

And today

New ignition switch, which I was dreading! A previous owner had changed it and swapped bolts etc so 20 mins and done (forum posts suggested 2-3 hours) RESULT!

while I was there a new indicator/light stalk as I had to drive home the other night holding the main beam on with one hand while negotiating single lane country roads.

Booked in for remap next week at redline tuning

Next, who knows? It's just a matter of time........

I hope everyone has a great bank holiday!

S

Good stuff, good to see its in good hands and you're on top of it already! :thumbright:

Not sure who suggested 2-3 hours for the ignition switch, it can be awkward but its not a difficult or long job provided the screw comes out ok.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82266[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82264[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82265[/ATTACH]

Good stuff, good to see its in good hands and you're on top of it already! :thumbright:

Not sure who suggested 2-3 hours for the ignition switch, it can be awkward but its not a difficult or long job provided the screw comes out ok.

Hi all, thanks and feeling the love! Please give generously to http://www.helpthecorrado.org!

The ignition switch fears was from extensive walkthroughs posted here (and other unnamed forums) I was thinking I would have to pull some upside down footwell action! But it had been done before and was simples! Biatch of a screw still!

Couple of pics

Forgive the birds nest in top left of filter shot as it needs tidying from the ford coil pack install

Blimey, I just thought I'd have a look at how you were getting on with the VRT- looks like a nightmare! It is one of those cars that costs big when it goes wrong but is worth it when it works! It really doesn't like gearboxes does it... I hope all your efforts pay off soon and you get to enjoy it. The improvements you've made so far look great. When you had it mapped again, what were their thoughts on the engine limitations? Did they agree with Emerald about the downpipe?

Blimey, I just thought I'd have a look at how you were getting on with the VRT- looks like a nightmare! It is one of those cars that costs big when it goes wrong but is worth it when it works! It really doesn't like gearboxes does it... I hope all your efforts pay off soon and you get to enjoy it. The improvements you've made so far look great. When you had it mapped again, what were their thoughts on the engine limitations? Did they agree with Emerald about the downpipe?

Hello mate, yeah nothing but trouble, still loving it. I asked them to keep the torque below 330 in view of the drivetrain and it's only boosting 14 psi, plenty more there and no mention of down pipe. Waiting for the box to get pulled to see current situ but started collecting for a haldex conversion. Up your neck of the woods end of the week to get a 4mo gearbox, prop and rear diff.

Hope your good and I will give you a shout when it's done.

S