2tonedub

Round hole G60 steel wheels

As title im after a set of round hole g60 steels, not the later passat type with d shaped hole. Condition can be as rough as you like unless they are shaped like a fifty pence piece.

Cheers Ross.

If it's the four bolt ones you're after they are dirt cheap from the stealers - I got a set for my MkII GTI a few years back. About €40-50 per rim, the trims will cost a bit extra.

The ones im after have been obsolete since some time in late 1992 mate, the ones you're on about are the later D shaped hole winters which as you say were still available until a little while ago. I already have a set of those ones.

Cheers Ross.

Ah. That's a pity. I'm pretty sure mine were round hole, but unfortunately I don't have a picture of the car with them on as it normally ran G60 BBS wheels. When you say "D shaped" do you mean the ones on the classic parts site?

http://shop.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/vwcp/scirocco-corrado/corrado/chassis/rims/steel-wheel-passat-corrado-357601025q.html

EDIT - mine looked like this in the attached pic - you'd be surprised what's still in stock in the dealer network - there was a rage on the VAG scene here in Ireland where people banded these wheels. A good dealer will be able to check stock in the rest of the dealerships in the UK and Ireland and on the dealer network in Germany. They should all be linked up together, assuming they know how to use the system that is.

Good luck hunting.

Edited by fendervg

I have had a couple of local dealers check before but as you say that assumes they know how to use the system properly which aound my way is a 50/50 chance!

Hi Ross, I have 2 14" 16 hole g60 steel wheels dated 9/89 and 1/88. I assume since your post was 4 years you have aquired some. My question is they are in very good condition what are they worth today ?, As am trying to get price comparison on e bay and all I'm seeing is people punting D holed MK3 steels. (No 16 hole originals) Any advice appreciated. Adrian.

G60s had 15” steels to clear the front brakes