So far I've got this planned.

All 4 arches rolled out.

All parking didn'ts removed

Scuff on front bumper blown in

side trims binned

painted down both sides.

Also tempted by:-

colour coded handles?

debadged rear end (saving that until after I've done the syncro floorpan mods)

ditch the front side repeaters?

anything else I should consider whislt it's in there?

number plate surround is getting made in carbon one day.

hmm, not sure about the mirror surrounds, I quite like them in black actually.

grille spoiler is getting redone too. as well as the stone chipped front panel under the headlights.

I had a wing vent in my mk2, I might transfer that over actually, good call! not much point in it though, my airfilter is behind the bumper, not in the engine bay.

getting some tyres fitted onthe 17"s so I can try them on and see where the arches will need moving to. 225/35's on the back!

dazzyvr6, me too i also have a colour coded front splitter and a smoooooooooothed front bumper looks mental...

clean.JPG

all mods in picture....

you might want to think about removing the BEE STING and SMOOOOTHING out the rear wiper...... looks great

asiams done it on his VR and it is very smart...

Fit late passat mirrors to the doors and ditch the old ones. Not sure if many people have done this.

Not a fan of the colour coded spoiler at all, sorry. but that's probably because I don't particularly like red corrado's either.

love the SLC style bumper though, might have to go down that route one day.

I'll leave the handles for now, they'll only break anyway. I'll look to replacing them with porsche ones in the future.

rear wiper deletion is also well on the cards, but the paint on the tailgate is absolutely mint, so I don't need to get that done at the moment.

the bonnet needs doing too, but I'd rather put the money towards a carbon one.

How much is it going to cost for that lot Phat?? No worries if you don't want to answer that, I need some body work done badly, but too scared to get a quote. I need both sides repsrayed and tesco parking dents removed + my front bumper needs a respray after I splattered some kind of bird at 80 :/.

Got quoted £400 for the work. £150 of which will be getting paid for by the insurance company of the woman who dented my rear quarter. so £250 for the lot, not bad eh!

I'll do most of the stripping down and rebuilding work myself to keep the cost down you see. and I'll start the arch work myself too, stripping off the underseal and stuff like that. I may even finsh off my arch rolling tool and start the arcehs off too.

I'll need to delay the work so see it all in bare metal to make sure not too much filler has been used. I'm not letting a bodyshop go down that route with my car again, they ruined my mk2 with filler and bodged repairs. :mad: I hope this one is much better. he painted my mates mk2 6 years ago and that still looks like new, so he muct be pretty good.

just need to sort out the rear axle now so I can fit these wheels on.

I'd say:-

Code or lose the side trims

code the VW emblem at the back

code or lose the Corrado script

Definitely lose the front and rear VR6 badges

Black VW roundel in front grill

Coded handles

Coded plate surround

That will tidy up and modernise the car immensely without being too Euro about it.

I don't like debadged rears on Corrados. Looks too bare. Go with a coded emblem as a minimum.

I like people to know my car is a VW, but not what it is or what engine it's got...... keeps an air of mystery about it :lol:

side trims are going

vw emblem will be satin black, already done the corrado badge satin

it never came with vr6 badges, it was an 8v remeber

it has a rieger front grille

I might ditch the boot lok and get the plate surround done for now. although daft plastic stuff like that I can paint myself, it's just big panels and blending in I'm not brave enough to tackle.

I'm thinking of ditching the exhaust tailpipe at some point too.

I'm not happy with the front bumper, but I don't like the look when the indicators and fogs are gone, so any opinions and pic of variations on that are welcome. no RS bumpers though, they stink. :evil:

And have a diesel type downswept job behind the bumper?

Not sure that would work tbh.... might look 'too' clean.

Yeah the smaller plastics are easy to paint at home. Did all my handles, trims, VW emblem etc myself and didn't make a pig's ear of it, so go for it.

No suggestions on the bumper. I like the way the standard kit looks.

smoothed rear bumper looks great, my mate has his done.

I was tempted to go for a side exit, but Ithink this might be a bit too tacky for the classy looking corrado.

corrado's just do not suit bolt on modifications. subtle changes only for me thanks.

Colour code the grille maybe? Looks ok on darker coloured cars like the purples, etc..

I'l like to change the mirros, but I can't find anything I like.

grille is staying satin balck. I hate overly colour coded cars, you need black to break up the colour, even on a dark car.

i quite mirrors off alfa 145 or 147 cant remember which?

always thought theyd look nice on a C.

Same here...

Just found out a mates Dad is a classic car restorationist and does it for a living.... guess where my C is going :wink: