Philly-R6

Status of archive site

I can not access archive posts or the old site http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/index.php - requests end up at the 404 page.

What is the current state of the archive site?

Is there a mechanism to resolve thread IDs to its title, which can be searched for?

Back in 2011, the thread Forum upgrade 11-Jun-2011 - FEEDBACK indicates the old/archive threads were available after that upgrade.

The Archive site was decommissioned 3+ years ago.

All posts were migrated to the new forum, so the old site only served for Google references - but since it's been gone for 3+ years, this should no longer be the case.

The search on vB is very limited.

You're best searching for what you need using Google via this link, leaving the "site" part in the search box.

Thank you for your response Andi.

I'm familiar with the site operator, but many posts directly link to archive threads with no other clues to what they refer to; such as post #32 in the thread "anyone with a manual aircon switch". The author directly references an archive URL to a thread which I think/hope contains the information I need, but it does not now exist.

Is there a means of resolving links to archive threads?

No. Completely different forum software which makes the translation difficult... You could try something like the way back machine website?