robrado974

Always check the pin machine before paying !!

Me and some mates , inc three forum members , went on Matts stag do [headlight switch Matt]. We went go karting at Thruxton and a night out in Bournemouth was enjoyed by all . In the morning we went to a pub and had breakfast , where it was decided to go for a walk after breakfast and spend a few hours on the beach and go to another pub for soft drinks , the idea being that although Matts best man offered to drive the mini bus , he had been drinking and it was a sensible idea to wait till it was safe to drive home . We ended up in a Harvester pub at the end of the beach , where we bought our own drinks , mine was a pint of orange juice and lemonade served by a bloke . Please bear in mind we got in at 5.30 am from the night out , so with only a few hours sleep and a bit george list from the night before, i put my pin in the machine as i had no cash and told the barman dont worry about the reciept mate . I was checking my online banking a day later and noticed i had been charged £39.01 for my drink !. I phoned the manager to say what had happened and he said he would look into it . I phoned a few hours later to see if the matter was resolved . Only to be told that i had purchased four kids meals , one pint of larger and an orange juice and lemonade and it was a woman who served you . I tried to explain that i had no children with me and was on a stag do , only to be told , the tills dont lie sir and my staff dont make mistakes , you are not listening to me sir , you had the meals and drinks and thats the end of the matter. The more i tried to explain the worse it got and the more rude the manager became . I then asked him to check the CCTV . He said this prooves nothing as it only covers the bar and not the resturant area . I had to ring the area manager in the end who after hearing my story , said he believed what i was saying and a mistake was made at the bar and will refund the money to my account . Moral of the story , always check the amount on the machine , even if you are a little hungover . I will be from now on !.

Angry does not come close Jim . I was fummimg , it really felt like he was taking the mick ,the way he spoke to me was disgusting . And theres me trying to keep calm calm and not shout or swear at him . He was adamant , that i had had the meals and drinks . When i spoke to the area manager i told him , that i was self employed and if i spoke to a customer like that , i would expect to be asked to leave the property . He would not even listen to what i was telling him . Im waiting to get my money back before sending him a told you so email .

I paid for a meal by card years ago and didn't check the amount correctly. Imagine my surprise when I later realised I'd paid about 30p for a £30 meal.

I think this is what happened to me . I've either payed for someone else's meal or ts been rung in wrong . .

Good point bringing this up Rob, I never check my amount when entering my pin, just assume it's correct, I will from now on though.

I can't see what matey was gaining from this, I know that sometimes when busy bar staff just use the person who was last logged on to the till so I guess that's how it's come up as a woman but what can they gain from it, it's all electronic so they won't actually see any money in their thieving greasy mitt.

Rog.

Good point bringing this up Rob, I never check my amount when entering my pin, just assume it's correct, I will from now on though.

I can't see what matey was gaining from this, I know that sometimes when busy bar staff just use the person who was last logged on to the till so I guess that's how it's come up as a woman but what can they gain from it, it's all electronic so they won't actually see any money in their thieving greasy mitt.

Rog.

If the kids meals and lager was paid for in cash.......