fendervg

Problems with VCDS talking to ABS ECU

Wasn't sure in which sub-forum to post this so went for here.

Is anyone else having trouble getting VCDS 15.7 from Ross-Tech to talk to their ABS ECU? I have tried two different ECUs, both good, getting lots of comms errors but can talk to the engine ECU without any problems. I suspect the ABS loom maybe.

Running on a 2.60 Ghz Intel Core i5-3320M Lenovo X230 running a Windows 7 64-bit OS, using a USB to serial adapter from Star-Tech (a good, one I use it for work all the time). My old crappy Dell laptop with in-built serial port worked fine, with Windows XP, but has died long since.

I asked Ross-Tech support, but haven't had any joy there yet - thought I'd ask here to see what other people were using. Apparently the TEVES02 ECU is notoriously picky about its comms as it's such an old and relatively primitive unit.

Thanks.

I have a similar setup but its just the USB to OBD interface and once it has auto detected it works fine. For the sake of a fiver get a generic lead from ebay and dump the serial adapter. More than likely your port config though.

Haven't looked at this in a while, but will play around with the settings some and see. Will look at the generic leads too.