massbad69

Storm grey VR6 - Sold

Hi Massbad69,

Could I ask what the full fitting kit comprises of for the rear brake compensator valve and where you purchased from? this is a job I'm just doing on mine, I have the new valve but will need new bolts etc. as the the old ones didn't survive!

Cheers - Paul

Messaged

Cheers and once the better weather comes we need to meet up. I'm going to be heading to Tartan Tarmacs breakfast meet n the last Sunday of every month to get the car out.

I'm booked I for a few shows already and prob do a few wee meets from my FB page.

Sounds good buddy! I just picked these up from the powdercoaters today, itching to get em on but waiting for the salt/frost to subside a bit lol

2bd17f9dca369747f96a7db796fade5b.jpg57d57b9730a8730bce1b978c00259d0f.jpg

I know!! I'm gonna give these rainsport 3's a go as great reviews and at a good price! Sure there'll still be plenty rain to come even if it gets warmer haha. Wish I had a garage!

They are meant to be good tyres but for some reason I always get Toyo Proxes :shrug:

I've got my spare Speedlines going into werestorealloys to get them either black or grey and then the face diamond cut for a different look, then pushed out with some 15mm and 20mm spacers.

That's the plan anyway.

As long as it's all together for Tartan Tarmac breakfast meeting at the end of March.

It'll be interesting to see how the speedlines turn out. Nice to see sometging different being done with them.

I'm going to take advice from the shop and use their experience to get the best result.

Torn between grey or black, lips diamond cut or full face but with full face the centre cap might be an issue ?

Poss will end up with lips diamond cut and grey faces ??

Grey may be better with black calipers behind ???

Decisions decisions ????

Haha! Grey faces sounds good but good luck with your decision!

Grey faces sounds like a day in Parliament!!

The only thing I'll say is that with different colour against a diamond cut lip or face, it really accentuated how small these wheels are. Its even more apparent if the car is standard height. Have a look on google images for them and you'll see what I mean. (I haven't looked myself but remember seeing split colours in the past a few times). Food for thought is all mate.

Just saw your reply on my members gallery so bo, your not standard height! Lol

Lol

Not standard and I'm hoping they will look good and that's why I think I will just end up with the lips/rims diamond cut and with spacers and the lowering look decent.

I would have went for staggered Porsche D90's for the car but trying to keep stock with a wee twist.

I'm liking This , but then speed lines in graphite grey look nice too .

That's what I think too but I'm going to get at least the rims/lips diamond cut.

I think if the face is diamond cut the centre cap will look rubbish whatever you do with it ??

Whereas just the rim cut then the grey face and sprayed grey cap will be fine.

Dilemma time.

Getting the car back tomorrow at last but one of the alarm fobs is not working now so I'm down to one fob.

It's a Pirhana alarm from the 90's and I can get the brain sent with the 2 fobs to London to get the non working one reprogrammed or I get the system removed and a new more reliable and better one fitted ??

Any recommendations or thoughts ?

Lastly my brake compensator valve and spare front brake shields have arrived.

970918B9-602D-4F9A-BB5B-194852557B0C_zpssfmeg2ii.jpg

Toad Ai606 are very well thought of. Not a bad price too and it'll be the one I replace mine with.

Where did you get the brake shields from, or are they your original refurbished? Looking good anyway! I really want to get cracking with my underside, but don't think it'll be until Spring next year now unfortunately.

Thanks for that.

The shields I just spotted for sale and I will either keep as spares or sell on to someone that needs them at what I paid. Just need to check mine first when I get my car back.

I heard the Toad was a good system, I will look into it now.

Cheers

Had a couple of Toad Ai606's as well and never any problems, will be getting one on the storm in due course :)

Thanks both of you.

I'm googling the Toad now and will no doubt go for that with all the recommendations.

More wee bits arrived today, the spring and bits for the brake compensator valve but still awaiting a couple of bits from the U.S., then I will check to see if I have 2 sets of all the fitments ??

The garage marked the powder coating on one of the wheels, so it's away getting redone but they will be the spare set anyway so not too bothered tbh.

Still taking the other set to get refurbed this Saturday and been in contact with a mobile alarm fitter to get an estimate in for the Toad alarm that was recommended.

Can't wait til it's all together during March to start enjoying it.