Gavin A

front brake back plate

Hi guys looking for more parts,this time it's drivers side front brake back plate .

Or where can I get a new one, mines is 1994 VR6 .

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Gavin.

I've also been looking. Turns out the vw part number for these are

3A0 615 312

3A0 615 311

Unfortunately both obsolete. I've phoned lots of companies and still no joy. I'm going to try looking at mk4 golf/ Bora ones as they seem similar. I'll let you know. if I find someone who stocks them locally I can offer up old against New and hopefully get a near match. But if you manage to find some, please let me know. As this is going to affect all VR owners...Good luck

Bought one from VW heritage, went to fit it today and not a chance is this the right part . Had to modify plate and weld a boss to make it fit.

What was your part number?? I managed to get the last 3A0615312 from veedubmachine and that fits mine perfectly. But I still need the other side. Be good if someone could template them

That's what I was originally sold as fitting mine. No way does it fit the VR model. They'd definitely why vw list the other part number

They definitely look the part. I started a thread the other day titled 'VR front brake shield' with other people's replies. I've even contacted other companies in America but no one seems to want to ship here. Otherwise I'd buy ten sets for us...Well done in finding those

Can't remember mate, it was a while ago, from a breaker I'm sure. I'm a serial buyer I'm afraid :lol: