robrado974

Comformation needed on rear VR6 badge please.

Evening all ,

Im going down to the graffics shop tomorrow to get a price on the vinals for all the badges . Ive dug out an old chrome effect rear VR6 badge and its in block chrome . My car is a 92 so it has red badges , can someone tell me if the block chrome is right or wrong please . Seems funny that the script is in brushed effect and the VR badge is in block . I want to get everything right for pricing .

Kind regards

Rob

Pretty sure the rear VR6 badge is in block chrome (as in non-brushed). The one on my car is in good condition and is just chrome effect and pretty certain I have a brand new one somewhere which is the same.

Here is a picture of a new one I've had lying in the garage for many years......first time it's ever been opened :lol:

9FD6E333-E1B6-4872-AAAC-9134C2E3EE1E.jpg

Thanks Jim . Right next problem . I painted my rear Vr badge red , we all know they are no longer available . Someone had mine replaced at some point in chrome , which is wrong for the year . Now ive just gone outside with the chrome spare part , offered it up to the one on my car and its 5mm bigger ?. If you place it over the top they dont match . Theres no way the one on the car is a Golf badge as they are alot bigger . There is a definate difference the 'V' is slighty out . I will have to get this checked with Chris Langers badge as I'm not sure which is correct . The last thing we want is a batch of vinals that dont quite fit !

Here is a picture of a new one I've had lying in the garage for many years......first time it's ever been opened :lol:

9FD6E333-E1B6-4872-AAAC-9134C2E3EE1E.jpg

Thanks Easypops . The part no i have on the spare badge is . 3a0853675 1h6853675a ? i cant make out the last three digits .

It has a VW stamp made in Austria . Why on earth is it a slighty different size to the one on my car ?

No idea mate, that one in the picture is old stock I think .......I do have another new one fro heritage I think, I'll go and dig it out to see if it's different, I don't have a red one to compare with though but I could measure it easily enough I guess

Thanks again mate . Same as the spare one I have . I will investigate further as to the size problem with mine . I can't see VW making two different badge sizes , especially with such a small difference .

I have a couple of breakers outside, I'll check the badges on them, well only on one(other was savaged to save my Storm) to see if it's the same size

Thank you . I've had another look . The V is at a slightly different angle . So if you offer it up so the two holes line up on the 6 as in the circle and the curve , it doesn't match . Like wise offer up the two V's together and the rest is out of line . This is a problem for me . When I put the car back to oem we left the badge holes smoothed . The idea being that I would never have a potential water leak point . So we bonded them on . If I have to remove the badge , it's going to be a right pita .

Rob, are you getting stickers made like what Edd did? If so put me down for a chrome set please.

Rog.

That's the idea Rog , yes . I'm getting prices for red and chrome . The size problem won't affect the price , but if I get the size wrong . Folks on the forum will not be best pleased ! .

I'll be home in 10 mins and I'll check mate, the rear VR badge was always stuck on, only the Corrado script had the lugs

Ok, the plot thickens.

The 2x new badges are identical to one I removed from a golf VR I broke......did the golf have a Corrado badge? Or are my new ones golf badges(suspecting the might be), this is also the one on my Storm, although it's not in the correct place so may well have been replaced at some point?

The badge from my other VR, is different(please ignore the shocking rattle can spray job :lol: )

The V is noticeably fatter at the bottom.

Hoping someone else can figure out what's correct although I'm leaning towards the last one being right

85A8B6D4-0DAB-451F-B2F4-C139B5DE7716.jpg

Hard to show in the picture, the holes on the 6 are lined up and you can see the difference on the V and very slightly on the R

B6E7A52E-0A25-4FDE-893A-0E2F782A1EF7.jpg

Pretty sure the rear VR6 badge is in block chrome (as in non-brushed). The one on my car is in good condition and is just chrome effect and pretty certain I have a brand new one somewhere which is the same.

Sorry to throw spanner in the works... But my orig rear vr badge and I also have a good rear 16v badge is brushed like the corrado script and front vr6 badge. The only chrome effect badges are the veedub ones.

Edited by delfinis38

Hard to show in the picture, the holes on the 6 are lined up and you can see the difference on the V and very slightly on the R

B6E7A52E-0A25-4FDE-893A-0E2F782A1EF7.jpg

Exactly . I've no idea what's going on ! . I thought the Golf VR6 badges were a lot bigger . The front is huge compared to the back . I will ask a mate who has one . He bought it by mistake . The graffic shop can do brushed and block chrome Delfinis , so we are ok on that point .

One on eBay 262064156231

Looks like brushed, which I more like I remember my original one being before I rattle canned it....oops

Great help easy , thanks for your help . I'm poping round Chris's house on Sunday to check with his badge , which will be oem . Hopefully we can sort it out .

I will be getting prices and checking quality this afternoon . I can't see these being that costly . If nessesary I will do both sizes , which would be a way round the problem .