SR_Neale

Where to buy ddi mirrors

Hoping someone can advise me as to where I can buy the ddi mirrors that increase the vision. Have seen some on ebay but not sure if they are the correct ones as I have read that people have bought these and not been happy with the quality. Is ddi a brand name or type of mirror?

hmmm I think only summer can help with increasing vision

these wet & misty days often make it difficult to see the mirror itself out of the window ;) LOL

hmmm I think only summer can help with increasing vision

these wet & misty days often make it difficult to see the mirror itself out of the window ;) LOL

Lol don't think I explained that very well. The ddi mirrors help by giving a wider view over standard mirrors I'm guessing by using a different shape/angle. the link jim just posted explains it a lot better than I can

I tried a set of cheap eBay ones, wide angle blue tint and they were awful. One mirror had a distortion line through it. The backing plates didn't have the 4 locating pins like the originals and kept falling off. On the originals the backing plate also has a surround for the mirror edge, much better.

I don't know how the DDI ones compare. Would like to know if they are any good?

Available from Awesome GTi in the UK ............. heavy money for non heated mirror glass.

http://www.awesomegti.com/blue-tinted-wide-angle-mirrors-corrado

I agree with you on that but Corby is about to become our daily as I have given up trying to keep the wife's car running and she wants new mirrors and the amount she lets me spend on the car I haven't really got a leg to stand on. Plus it's a safety feature and I have spent more money on sillier thing.

What not to buy...

[ATTACH]82618[/ATTACH]

Instead of

[ATTACH]82619[/ATTACH]

The four round locating pins really make a difference.

Lol don't think I explained that very well. The ddi mirrors help by giving a wider view over standard mirrors I'm guessing by using a different shape/angle. the link jim just posted explains it a lot better than I can

ha ha ha sorry m8, I couldn't resist cracking the funny but I knew what you meant :)

If you can source a set of DDI mirror glass, I have a set of genuine Corrado plastic backing plates here which I salvaged ages ago when I replaced the mirrors on my car. It would only be a matter of sticking the glass to the backing plates and popping them in again.

P9170001.jpg

What are they like Jon?

Much better on motorways takes the glare out of headlights and being wideangle you see so much more

Much better on motorways takes the glare out of headlights and being wideangle you see so much more

X2 one of the best mods I've done