Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

Suspension

Can't hold myself back for much longer. My front shocks are definitely on there way out so I think its time to lower the bad boy. Obviously I am thinking of H&R and koni TAs but I found a Koni set on http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk. Its Koni Sport Suspension kit with all round adjustables for £421.28.

What do you reckon to these kits, any good. Seems a good price to me. Not sure what to buy. The above kit or go for the HR/Koni setup. I'm happy to go with something thats good and cheaper than something that's excellent and more expensive.

Got some holidays coming up soon so I think this would be a nice project. Been looking at stuff on GSF, Top Mounting kit and rear bump stops. Gonna change (try to) the rear axle bushes too. Are these available on GSF?? Think i've found them :- 42352 MTG BUSH REAR AXLE CO VR6 8/91 > . Are they the right things?? Anything else I need??

Cheers, sorry for the million and one questions

Timo.

Timo, my personal recommedation at the mo are the FK Konisport coilover kits. Have fitted a number of these to Corrados of late and everyone has been very pleased with the ride quality. They are a little more money than you have listed for the kits you mention but i think it would be money well invested. Have a chat with Woody if you want some owner feed back. Club GTI are running a group buy on these for a very good price, another of my customers has signed up to this and i will be fitting these shortly. If the group buy has closed give me a call as i have an arrangement with Richard at Venom to buy at a better price.

I have to say that unlike some people on this forum i had a complete nightmare with supersport coilovers which a bought from venom for about £400. They bounced all over the place and rebounded three or four times before settleing down and i would get headaches after about an hour driving. First of all i throught a must have bought a friday afternoon set but Richard (Venom Motorsport) exchanged the set. The new set was just the same, so after a few phone calls the venom arranged an upgrade to FK Koni height adjustable and dampering coilovers which were more expensive £700 but the ride quality is excellent and i am not now worried when travelling over uneven ground catching the front of the car. In my oponion be a little careful on the coilovers which you buy as some of the cheaper ones have been designed for Mk2 golfs which are a lot lighter than C's so the handerling suffers

Timo, my personal recommedation at the mo are the FK Konisport coilover kits. Have fitted a number of these to Corrados of late and everyone has been very pleased with the ride quality. They are a little more money than you have listed for the kits you mention but i think it would be money well invested. Have a chat with Woody if you want some owner feed back. Club GTI are running a group buy on these for a very good price, another of my customers has signed up to this and i will be fitting these shortly. If the group buy has closed give me a call as i have an arrangement with Richard at Venom to buy at a better price.

All the group buys on the Club GTI website have finished or are from several months back. How much can you get me a set for? (PM me if you dont want to tell everyone 8) )

Cheers

Timo.

Found these, the look the same as the ones on the motor sport world website except they are £380 inc vat :shock:

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=261727&a=i

Are these height and damping adjustable? think they are all dampening adjustable and only the rears are height adjustable, but I could be wrong :oops:

Found a thread on them too:- http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... t=h+r+koni

Peeps seem to be very happy with them, claiming they are very similar to H&R/Koni setup!!

cheers

Timo.

Come on guys, help me out. Need to make a decision about the koni ones and what to do.

Cheers

Timo.

Cant tell from picture whether they are dampering adjustable which is the real key getting a comfortable ride once you have lowered your car. be a bit careful referance my supersport problems with a cheaper range of suspension. :This is just my 2 pence worthg . remember when you fit them you will need to buy the different bolts from vag which are made for the fitting of lowered suspension

They're not height adjustable Timo, well the rear ones are by means of 4 or 5 10mm increments (circlip under spring plate) and yes they are damping adjustable. Double check they are adjustable at the back too, but I think they are.

It's a good value kit, good for it.

K

cheers guys, whats these different bolts i need? never heard of that before from reading other threads?? According to the thread i mentioned before and from the larkspeed website itself all four are dampening adjustable and just the rears are height adjustable (from thr thread).

Hope so!

Going to see a g60 on saturday so just putting the suspension on hold for a few days 8) . Might need the money for it!!! :mrgreen:

Simon

All the group buys on the Club GTI website have finished or are from several months back. How much can you get me a set for? (PM me if you dont want to tell everyone 8) )

Can get them for around 540 if that's any good to you?

Timo, the bolts to which Woody refers are for the lower fixing on the front struts. These bolts are used to give extra adjustment capability when setting the camber on the front suspension. Typically you will need a pair of these bolts, one on each side, to be fitted in the upper of the two bolt locations found at the base of the strut. These bolts are readily available from dealer for a nominal cost, the part no. escapes me at the mo but i am sure someone on here will supply this detail before i have time to refference Etka. As an aside you will need to have the front wheel camber and alignment set after having fitted your chosen kit. Good luck with your purchase. Moreover i look forward to hearing about this G60 you are going to see.

Timo, the bolts to which Woody refers are for the lower fixing on the front struts. These bolts are used to give extra adjustment capability when setting the camber on the front suspension. Typically you will need a pair of these bolts, one on each side, to be fitted in the upper of the two bolt locations found at the base of the strut. These bolts are readily available from dealer for a nominal cost, the part no. escapes me at the mo but i am sure someone on here will supply this detail before i have time to refference Etka. As an aside you will need to have the front wheel camber and alignment set after having fitted your chosen kit. Good luck with your purchase. Moreover i look forward to hearing about this G60 you are going to see.

Yeah, i was gonna wait a few weeks after installing the suspension before getting it re-aligned. If I do the suspsension that is!!! 8)

Going to look at the g60 tomorrow morning, getting rather excited. Its only done 70k. Same colour as mine but not so bothered about that anymore.

Cheers

Simon

P.s. Anyone with a part number for those bolts would be a bonus. ta

If you are going to wait a few weeks after the suspension swap before getting the camber and toe adjusted best you budget for some new tyres as well !! This is not an optional task, it is as much a part of the job as any other component to be fitted.

Plans are on hold. My VR6 has become a VR4. Not firing on two cylinders. My 99% certain guess is the coilpack :cry: :cry: :cry:

Timo.