seanrodford

Headlight looms

If there is still room available I'd definitely be interested in getting a 3 relay kit, was about to send some money off to spoonfed but these sound much better!

If you increase numbers let me know.

!! Disappointed not to be included. I'll see how things go. Good luck

That's a bit unfair you were post number 3 and expressed interest. I think 11 looms are now required :)

Edited by delfinis38

Not sure what they was thinking putting that screw there I spent about ten mins the other day trying to remove it and it turned out there was no clip so screw was just spinning 2 mins with my trim tool and screw was out.

ha ha i had that exact thing on the valver lol

unfortunately the VR the head is rounded off & it is stuck fast - when i changed the radiator some time ago i ended up leaving the one light in the slam panel when i took that off

I have ordered 49 relays 3 per loom and one spare per loom if people want them so that's 40 I need 3 for my car and 2 for my van and a spare so I.will have 3 relays left to make an 11th loom if need be but I.do only have 10 sets of plugs I'm hard wiring my own loom to use my original plugs so all depends if I can get more plugs if I can and after the first 10 have gone I may order more bits to make more if there's a high enough demand as I am going to be making t4 looms Aswell once I have done the first corrado batch

ha ha i had that exact thing on the valver lol

unfortunately the VR the head is rounded off & it is stuck fast - when i changed the radiator some time ago i ended up leaving the one light in the slam panel when i took that off

I've currently got the front end of my black rado off at the mo. If you want I can have a look to see if there is another way to remove the screw.

I may beable to make some more but they won't have plugs on then you will.have to solder your own headlight plugs onto them unless I go raiding all the local scrappy I seem to have bought the last 10 pairs of plugs known to man...

I've currently got the front end of my black rado off at the mo. If you want I can have a look to see if there is another way to remove the screw.

thanks SR_Neale

I think it would need to be tackled with the slam panel off so as you can access it from engine side

how apart is your front end? if you could take a look I would be grateful

I have a feeling I may need to take the VR front off again so as to change the rad fans as they have gotten rather noisey but im going to try some WD on them first to see if they quieten down (ive a fire extinguisher in the boot lol)

thanks SR_Neale

I think it would need to be tackled with the slam panel off so as you can access it from engine side

how apart is your front end? if you could take a look I would be grateful

I have a feeling I may need to take the VR front off again so as to change the rad fans as they have gotten rather noisey but im going to try some WD on them first to see if they quieten down (ive a fire extinguisher in the boot lol)

It's completely striped slam panel lower panel or at least what was a panel now just a pile of rust brace bar off and re fitted to support engine. Which side is stuck? Will be in my workshop later so will take some detailed pics for ya.

I may beable to make some more but they won't have plugs on then you will.have to solder your own headlight plugs onto them unless I go raiding all the local scrappy I seem to have bought the last 10 pairs of plugs known to man...

I had heard that the OEM connectors are difficult to get hold of - I believe that is why KUR2Y looms came with spade connectors

however rayne automotive guy seems to have found a supplier as his site actively sells them with OEM connectors

I had heard that the OEM connectors are difficult to get hold of - I believe that is why KUR2Y looms came with spade connectors

however rayne automotive guy seems to have found a supplier as his site actively sells them with OEM connectors

That's who I got the 10 sets from he seems to be the only one in the world with any left however don't think he has any more

It's completely striped slam panel lower panel or at least what was a panel now just a pile of rust brace bar off and re fitted to support engine. Which side is stuck? Will be in my workshop later so will take some detailed pics for ya.

Could we not drill the Head off remove the headlight then gain access to the remains

Could we not drill the Head off remove the headlight then gain access to the remains

possibly but with the headlight & slam panel in situ it would need a drill bit which is around 6 to 7 inches long so as to physically reach the screw head

then once the head is drilled off I don't think you could get the light out without first removing the thread part of the screw - which I don't think you could get to so as to push it upwards & out

the hidden screw is in a mother of all awkward access places

I was thinking along the lines of if it would be possible to get an tiny angle grinder to put a new slot in the screw head so as can then screw out. im not sure if that would be possible even with the slam panel off but maybe with some persistence & a hack saw blade you could get a slot in it

That's who I got the 10 sets from he seems to be the only one in the world with any left however don't think he has any more

ha ha who'd of thought!

did you tell him you wanted them to make a 3 relay loom for here? lol