thesingh

(!) Handbreak light always on

Had my handbreak repaired. When the handbreak is up, The car dont move, When its down, I can drive with no resistance.

Can any one advise why my handbrake light (!) would still light up?

Mines a 1995 2.0 8v

Either your brake fluid sensor is knackered (lid on top of fluid bottle) but that usually flashes when broken. Or more likely your handbrake switch is broken or the wiring leading to it. To check you will have to lift the plastic around the handbrake.

The handbrake light switch is just a little push sensor which attaches to the handbrake mechanism. Quite possible they buggered it up during the repair of the handbrake itself so worth inspecting.

As Jim says . This happened to me when the rear calipers were fitted .The hand break was adjusted from inside , the connections must have been knocked around .

I had this problem on my old valver, turns out there was a little cap on the PCB for the dash that had blown and needed replacing, it was easy enough to replace.

In your case it sounds like the switch has been damaged though rather than something more complicated like mine! :lol: