WillMK7

Rear passenger footwell - water, lots of water

Hi chaps. I'm at my wits end with this! I've looked all over and can't find an explanation for this. Initially the water was throughout the passenger side, new seal on the scuttle covers sorted the front out. But water still seems to be getting in the rear some how.

If anyone can't shed some light on this I'd be so grateful and I may not loose all of my hair by the time this is sorted aha!

I love you corrado, but you're more high maintenance than my ex!

Cheers!

Will9ede0be1347c5c059ac5d1f05b251983.jpg

Door membranes probably, the plastic sheeting behind the door panel. If you run a hose over your passenger window, the water should come out through the drain holes on the bottom of the door and out the car. If the membrane has been breached, you'll see water coming from behind your door panel instead and will be finding its way to the passenger rear floor because it is lower down than the front. The membrane must be resealed using something like butyl strip. definitely not silicone as it won't last long.

its possible its still leaking from scuttle, id remove the seat and store it some where for now, pull that carpet up on the passenger side, you could even remove It by cutting it under the ashtray/handbrake trim bit so its in 2 sections leaving the drivers side intact, you will have to remove trim pieces etc , dry everything out! and carefully see where its coming in, headliner all dry around the sunroof? ..

Sun roof is dry bud. I don't understand how it can still be the scuttle cover as there is no water in the front passenger footwell? I'll check the membrane

I've seen the front passenger seatbelt and rear footwell wet from a leaking originating at the boot hinge. The water was dripping through and running down inside the c pillar trim. Not an easy one to spot!

Your underlay is now wrecked . Yes the carpet will be fine , but the underlay , no , get rid and start again . While the carpet is out , sprinkle talcum powder on the floor pan . You will see the cause of your leak .

It's awkward because it's my daily, it's getting the time to strip the interior out. And quite frankly I don't have the know how to do it without breaking things ah! I'll worry about the underlay when the leak is sorted!

its possible its still leaking from scuttle,

This. The plastic upturned lunchbox that is supposed to keep the water out of the air inlet for the cabin ventilation fan is probably loose. Do you park facing up a hill? The water then runs down to the rear footwell..