BarberG60

G60 gearbox options

My G60 turbo converted car has a broken gearbox.

It works but is rattling away. I was just wondering if any other gearboxes are a good alternative to the G60 one, or shall I just get my existing one rebuilt?

Thanks for any input

Look for an O2a diesel gearbox,lot stronger and better gearing, there's three codes that fit ASD,CTN and one more I'm struggling to remember !

Just to bring this back up, is the CTN box a straight swap or do I need to modify anything for it to work with the G60 setup?

The CTN box itself, in common with any 4 cylinder 02A gearbox, is a straight bolt on fit to your Corrado G60. The only change that you will need to make is to fit a different shift cable bracket that orientates the cables into an over and under configuration, as opposed to the side by side set up you will have as standard on your stock G60 system. Your clutch slave cylinder will transfer over as too will your speedo drive. Just for clarity the driveshafts are same fit. If however you were looking at fitting a LSD, you would need to check what type of drive flanges were fitted ie bolt in or press in. With regard to the clutch, any 02A clutch will fit. We fit the VR6 clutches with this conversion, for the slightly greater clamping force upgrade, as most folks fit this box as part of an overall power upgrade. While we are on this thought train, we also fit one of our lightened and balanced flywheels as well to improve response.

I hope this helps.

http://www.johnmitchellracing.co.uk

i fitted the ASD box to mine.

its a straight fit apart from you have to swop the shift tower over from the g60 box as the ASD box had a rod change setup originally.