EJ Taylor

BREMBO retrofit on the Corrado, anyone done this? What ones fit?

Wanting to put some brembo calipers on the C, what kits fit?

Been looking at Leon Ibiza kits? Much work involved in making them fit?

Old Porsche Kits also? same as above?

Plenty of options available.....

oooooooooo pretty, these on yours? Been speaking to K sport, think they might do a full kit for the C for around the 1K mark.

Much hassle in fitting them? or does it just come down to fitting inside the wheels and getting the bracket to adapt it?

These are mine. Db9 4 pots and 330 MM discs from badger 5. Tricky bit is getting brackets made up....

If you find some db 9 rears I have spare 323mm Leon discs and some steel brackets, as long as your wheels are big enough and have room behind the spokes you are golden.....

These are mine. Db9 4 pots and 330 MM discs from badger 5. Tricky bit is getting brackets made up....

If you find some db 9 rears I have spare 323mm Leon discs and some steel brackets, as long as your wheels are big enough and have room behind the spokes you are golden.....

And sorry yes they are on mine and work well

yer i run the compomotive mo6 motorsport wheels so they are made with caliper clearance in mind, i love those man, they look epic, what size wheels do you run to fit 330 and the aston calipers?

yer i run the compomotive mo6 motorsport wheels so they are made with caliper clearance in mind, i love those man, they look epic, what size wheels do you run to fit 330 and the aston calipers?

Happy days. I'm on 17" Oz supr t, though I have some compo arriving next week :)

I have a pair of Brembo calipers from a Cupra R, fully reconditioned and powder powder coated silver with powder coated adaptors, brand new 323 discs sprayed to stop rusting, new Ferrodo pads and custom made braided hoses, all ready to fit to a VR. Would be looking for £1000 to cover what I've spent.

I have a pair of Brembo calipers from a Cupra R, fully reconditioned and powder powder coated silver with powder coated adaptors, brand new 323 discs sprayed to stop rusting, new Ferrodo pads and custom made braided hoses, all ready to fit to a VR. Would be looking for £1000 to cover what I've spent.

Any pictures mate, you know if the 323 disc set up would fit under a 16" rim?

I've got their four pots on the front of mine,done about 100k on them

3607a52ff81bf8ab7aea7c7c34539020.jpg

I believe Yandards on here has them as well

Does this setup fit under 16's?

Spent a number of months getting my Leon Cupra R setup to fit the Mk3/Corrado setup correctly. :)

Things I've learnt are:

- They aren't direct bolt on despite what the internet says. You will require 6mm carrier spacing to use OE carriers on standard VR6 hubs.

- This then allows the discs to line up centered in the caliper and spin freely. (Can provide details)

- You'll need some very very very generous / caliper friendly 16's if you want them to fit without wheels spacing. (I did).

- For Example: Compomotive TH1680 ET25 catch on the caliper edge - and I'd say these are relatively motorsport friendly / inspired.

- Prepare for upgrade to 17's when they don't fit how you want.

- 323mm Leon Cupra R discs are expensive (be prepared) in comparison to say 280/288/312 setup's.

- Standard VR6 Master Cylinder setup isn't really man enough for the upgrade - which creates it's own problem for upgrade.

- They are a c-unit to bleed. And I suspect worse on a non-standard Corrado given the ABS bleeding problems people have.

I'm upgrading rears to the matching Leon Cupra R 256 vented rears in the same breath and overhauling the ABS setup with the later Mk3 / Passat B4 Teves setup so it's running an as close to Leon Cupra R full setup as possible.

This'll hopefully be suitable for stopping a 300hp Supercharged VR C over the standard setup.

Hope the above info is useful, and doesn't put you off too much.

I'm interested in the rear setup you are compiling stuey.

I had no trouble at all bleeding my 4 pots up, was very straightforward.

I'm interested in the rear setup you are compiling stuey.

I had no trouble at all bleeding my 4 pots up, was very straightforward.

May just be the Cupra R brembo's that are tricky but I've heard first hand from two people when upgrading / refitting refurbished Brembo's, they've taken an age to bleed up.

And still didn't feel great until some miles were put on them and a re-bleed.

Planned 256 setup uses Purple Tom's guide on here for a combo of Polo 9N, Lupo GTI and Audi,VW TT/Cupra style 256 parts.

Have a search. I'm only a couple of pieces of complete setup. Mocking it up soon.

Spent a number of months getting my Leon Cupra R setup to fit the Mk3/Corrado setup correctly. :)

Things I've learnt are:

- They aren't direct bolt on despite what the internet says. You will require 6mm carrier spacing to use OE carriers on standard VR6 hubs.

- This then allows the discs to line up centered in the caliper and spin freely. (Can provide details)

- You'll need some very very very generous / caliper friendly 16's if you want them to fit without wheels spacing. (I did).

- For Example: Compomotive TH1680 ET25 catch on the caliper edge - and I'd say these are relatively motorsport friendly / inspired.

- Prepare for upgrade to 17's when they don't fit how you want.

- 323mm Leon Cupra R discs are expensive (be prepared) in comparison to say 280/288/312 setup's.

- Standard VR6 Master Cylinder setup isn't really man enough for the upgrade - which creates it's own problem for upgrade.

- They are a c-unit to bleed. And I suspect worse on a non-standard Corrado given the ABS bleeding problems people have.

I'm upgrading rears to the matching Leon Cupra R 256 vented rears in the same breath and overhauling the ABS setup with the later Mk3 / Passat B4 Teves setup so it's running an as close to Leon Cupra R full setup as possible.

This'll hopefully be suitable for stopping a 300hp Supercharged VR C over the standard setup.

Hope the above info is useful, and doesn't put you off too much.

Awesome bit of info mate, really helpful thank-you, im going more and more towards the route of getting a ready to go kit from K-sport, good friend of mine is obtaining me a price atm , if its around the 800 mark then happy days really.

You say about the master cylinder? Recon it will be fine for the k-sports, this is the firs time ive really bared in mind the master cylinder, im pretty clueless when it comes to that.

Also, this being aimed at anyone, has anyone ever gotten rid of the ABS unit all together? I really want to.

Awesome bit of info mate, really helpful thank-you, im going more and more towards the route of getting a ready to go kit from K-sport, good friend of mine is obtaining me a price atm , if its around the 800 mark then happy days really.

You say about the master cylinder? Recon it will be fine for the k-sports, this is the firs time ive really bared in mind the master cylinder, im pretty clueless when it comes to that.

Also, this being aimed at anyone, has anyone ever gotten rid of the ABS unit all together? I really want to.

I know they are not Brembo but have you looked at these EJ http://www.hispecmotorsport.co.uk/vw.html ?

they are manufactured to fit and offer 4 pot or 6 pot

I know wheeler dealers have used them on a sports car previously but cant recall what it was

I know they are not Brembo but have you looked at these EJ http://www.hispecmotorsport.co.uk/vw.html ?

they are manufactured to fit and offer 4 pot or 6 pot

I know wheeler dealers have used them on a sports car previously but cant recall what it was

a few have recommended them now, they seem decent, but if i go new, im already heart set on K-sport, they are sexual haha

Reds nice and will go with my colour theme,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83627[/ATTACH]

but these!!!! LOOK AT THEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83628[/ATTACH]

a few have recommended them now, they seem decent, but if i go new, im already heart set on K-sport, they are sexual haha

lol sexual brakes! n3p had some very nice Tar-Ox ones on his old VRT

I seem to recall HiSpec will also custom fabricate a set if required so as to get big brakes under smaller specific wheels