ryan_welshman

Heater flap direction cog

Hello

Just took dash out to suss my heater exchange direction problem and im missing a cog (see pic) where can ingwt one from asap??[ATTACH]83683[/ATTACH]

There are 3 bolts in the engine bay. You should see 2 of the sticking out of the firewall in the engine and the 3rd is hidden behind the expansion tank.

Definitely 2 nuts in the engine bay. Bottom one is a spinning swine but will come out as you undo and someone else pulls. I think it has screw fixings at the bottom. Unfortunately mine has aircon and doesn't fix up to the motor part boxing on the left, so I don't know if a normal one does

Apologies, I was writing and saw that post. I know my box came out on its own,but getting it all out sounds good. It gets to Have a full clean

Hello

Just took dash out to suss my heater exchange direction problem and im missing a cog (see pic) where can ingwt one from asap??[ATTACH]83683[/ATTACH]

Anyone got suggestions on the missing cog for the front flap? :-(

[ATTACH]83684[/ATTACH]which one do you think is missing?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mine was broken. I managed to purchase a 2nd hand unit and rob the cog for mine. I did find that a 95 polo had the exact same flaps which have a better covering and also a straight swap. That's what I used in mine. I'll look this weekend to see if I Have a spare but can't promise I would

Mine was broken. I managed to purchase a 2nd hand unit and rob the cog for mine. I did find that a 95 polo had the exact same flaps which have a better covering and also a straight swap. That's what I used in mine. I'll look this weekend to see if I Have a spare but can't promise I would

Any luck on finding that cog?

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

I have a spare box if you want a unit

Ive had the flaps refelted and the whole unit installed. Its just that cog im missing haha

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

Apologies i had forgotten. I'll try and look today but it's in my garage loft and the corrado is missing it's rear suspension and in the way. ..

Does the full dash need to come out to get to the heater box or is it possible to get to it without doing this?

Does the full dash need to come out to get to the heater box or is it possible to get to it without doing this?

i have a similar but with view to relining the box

having changed a matrix i am thinking it could be tough to do with the box in situ & as such really needs dash out so as can fully remove heater box

i have read of some people getting the box out with the dash in but im not sure what magic they used to wriggle it out of there

Annoyingly the heater direction cogs are on the underside of the heater box.. so even if you could reach the mechanism, you have such little access or visibility, not sure whether you could do anything effective with it!

Is it possible to just manually flip it so the direction points to the Windows? It's currently to the face which is a pain if it's raining. I'd be happy just leaving it to the Windows if possible.

I've got a car sitting with the dash removed which you are welcome to look at to guage what's needed to get to the heater box etc, also got a box sitting about and a set or 2 of heater controls. Fairly sure you could answer all your questions without the pain of taking yours apart :)

I've got a car sitting with the dash removed which you are welcome to look at to guage what's needed to get to the heater box etc, also got a box sitting about and a set or 2 of heater controls. Fairly sure you could answer all your questions without the pain of taking yours apart :)

Thanks mate I've sent you a pm

The cog on my heater direction gear in the heater box is 1 or 2 teeth out. Cant seem to get the cog off and I'm a bit worried about snapping the retaining lugs inside the box. Im trying to remove the lhs gear arm with the cable attached.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hasan

16858902150691592981194986458690.jpg

16858902472255255181123799089669.jpg

Well nailbiting does help! Managed to get the arm off without snapping the collars. Used a mid-width screwdriver and patience...and bad language

20230604_181728.jpg

20230604_174455.jpg