edd

Subframe refurbishments powder coating/painting etc

Hi all

Apologies if these is a concise thread on this but if there is i can't find it.

I am finally getting round to sorting out putting on the B12's i bought a year or so ago and i have a new set of wishbones, droplinks, bushes, engine mounts, bolts etc etc to refurb the front end drivetrain

I know the wishbone bolts from the subframe can be a pain so I previously managed to secure a VR6 subframe as a "just in case"

My front subframe/cross member has quite a bit of surface rust, radiator supports seems good and the main subframe seems okay with a bit of rust evident.

So i have decided i may as well get the spare subframe refurbished as well as the front subframe/crossmember and have it all (re)fitted at the same time

So whats are peoples opinions on the best route - sand blasting/soda blasting/chemical dip and then powder coat or paint

Also any recommendations on anyone that can provide me this refurbishment service, i am based in Worcestershire/Herefordshire.

Ta

Edd

[ATTACH]83685[/ATTACH]mine was sand blasted I think. ...then powder coated. Happy with it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The wish bones are new with an extra coat of paint tho

Thanks cressa Who did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone who was local to me near Sheffield. Wasn't ridiculously expensive either. Just strip yours down and find someone local as they are bloomin heavy to post

I've previously used a firm in Redditch - may be the other side of the county for you though.

Redditch is pretty close for me Kezbo. Can you give me there details. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[ATTACH]83718[/ATTACH]

Just in the process of doing mine, got it blasted locally for £30 along with the wishbones; painting it with Eastwood Extreme Chassis Black

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delay replying. It was Redditch Shotblasters that I used too. They did a tow bar armature off my range rover, which is about the same size as a corrado subframe. It was £50 blasted and powder coated - that was a year ago and it's still in good condition.