delfinis38

Your favourite corrado

We all have different perspectives on cars, some are into styling, some into engines and turbos for performance... Some like their cars standard...

So who's car on here do you aspire to. Or is your car your perfect corrado...

I'm in the standard OEM camp... So I would love a perfect car like Chris gaskells storm before all the muppets got their hands on it.

Am starting to feel mine will be how i want it, don't want to go mad with the engine, i quite like it being NA, suits the car.

Styling wise, mine is only really lowered a bit, i don't think the corrado needs anything, love my interior(nothing needs changing there), just needs a full respray to be perfect.

I have done quite a lot of mods, but most of them are things you wouldn't notice that modernise the car without really changing it, Teves20 ABS, cams, replacing weak plastic parts with alloy etc, 288's and mk4 rears, fixed steering column, quick shift and then the fix kits for the parts that fail, doors handles, headlight switch etc

Not a fan of totally standard, seems to be something people don't use or enjoy properly, just cart it about the country to get kudos from people and constantly reminding themselves of its "value"

Not a fan of the bodykit types personally, but I feel lightly modified/upgraded is is best suited to my tastes.

That said, god I'd love a second one with a VRT! I think that would bring me far more smiles, but alas, funds don't permit that sort of thing!

Whilst I'd love to own a completely standard one like Chris Gaskells/Chris Lees, I originally aspired to get mine somewhere like Chris Lees old Blackberry before that went through the mill. I remember seeing it at Castle Combe and thought exactly that.

I don't think I'm a million miles away in regard to condition, although the Recaros and RSs are not something I'd consider forking out for seperately due to the price again. I just couldn't justify spending a grand plus on each of them.

Tough one :) I like originality for sure - Chris Gaskell's/Chris Lee's old Storm, Judith and Kip's cars... they're all lovely. But I also like some slight modification (like a bit of a drop, maybe some engine tweaks), and even tastefully modified for performance (like VAG-hag's awesome VR turbo, and n3p's old car, John Mitchells amazing car, etc). My favourite is 'rare' originality - I'd love an untouched Corrado VR6 Campaign more than anything I think, for the exclusivity more than anything else.

Stuff I can't stand on a Corrado? I just don't get the love for the BBS 301's - they just don't work for me at all. And rat look. A little bit of fun on some cars, but not on a Corrado.

Stuff I can't stand on a Corrado? I just don't get the love for the BBS 301's - they just don't work for me at all. And rat look. A little bit of fun on some cars, but not on a Corrado.

I'm with you on the 301's.. overrated IMO :)

Original Speedlines look great. VW should have made the Corrado sit a bit lower, then it would have looked great, instead of the comedy 4x4 standard look.

My cars are always just slightly away from standard but with subtle changes, hopefully improving the condition and look of the car.

I nearly always keep the original item or part as well to go with the car for the future, i.e the wheels and interior on my VR.

Ive gone through many different iterations of the Corrado and the approach above is best IMO.

The turbo nutter cars are ace fun but now for me it would be a slightly tweaked VR that would suit me. Slight drop with some wheels, cams, diff and lower FD and that's it.

I'm pretty much in the OEM camp myself. Only mods to mine are -30mm H&R springs, uprated headlight loom & TT wipers. Of course, all down to personal taste.

I think coxylaad's car will always be a favourite of mine, R32 engine, full haldex running gear and full MK4 interior/wiring installation. Sean_jaymo's cars always impress me, he has a knack of not spending thousands but finding those lovely touches that just improve and update the car.

I've built mine for me so not to peoples tastes, as much as I respect the care people take to keep a corrado in concourse condition they do absolutely zero for me, corrado at standard height just does not look good.

Tasteful modifications for me are good, and there are few better examples out there than Goldie's car.....those wheels are just amazing8)

DA523AA1-341C-49B9-B672-DBF23AFC6FCF.jpg

Also really like Jamie's red one, looks so good in this pic

E72E3940-309E-421C-842A-AD57AD03C0BD.jpg

Tasteful modifications for me are good, and there are few better examples out there than Goldie's car.....those wheels are just amazing8)

DA523AA1-341C-49B9-B672-DBF23AFC6FCF.jpg

Also really like Jamie's red one, looks so good in this pic

E72E3940-309E-421C-842A-AD57AD03C0BD.jpg

Ah yeah, the Nothelle Classics. I did have a set lined up for my G60, just before selling to get the Campaign.

As for fave, you can't beat a Campaign OEM :) Just (slightly biased admittedly) IMHO of course

Who's is the red Corrado? Is he a member on here.

Would love to know the spec on the wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk