16vMatt

Corrado Dash Bulb Replacement

Morning all,

I've read previous forums on this but they only seem to cover early type clusters. I'm looking at replacing my dash bulbs as I can't see my fuel or temp at night which isn't too helpful. I'm looking at replacing them with the bulbs pictured below. I must be having a blonde moment because I'm stumped as to how to remove the gauges as I presume there are bulbs behind them aswell as along the top of the cluster.

c17310eac6b90d6e4718d80c10b7a2be.jpg

230934490d361cbb47faab83501d65f6.jpg

Cheers in advance for any help

There are a few bulbs for the backlighting at the rear and three along the top for overall illumination. There are two screws that hold in the cluster on each side, and the front clear plastic cover is also held on by another two, one each side.

If you have a late car the only loom connector is a simple multi plug at the back. Simples. If you've done it once. Just take your time and be really careful with the trim - a long thin Phillips magnetic driver is your man for the job. And some blue tack !

Hi Matt,

Getting the cluster out is relatively easy (even easier if you take the steering wheel off - it's only one 24mm nut), how did you get along?

If you don't mind me asking, what bulbs are you using as replacements for your originals? I'm trying to find some but am confused by the sheer number of possible options.

Cheers,

Tom

I do remember the 3 bulbs at high level are a different wattage to the 2 behind the lcd display. I got mine from TPS and they are still priced daft (made by osram). Ebay seems to a better place

[ATTACH]84734[/ATTACH]

And the new ones I got were different to what was fitted (they may have been incorrectly fitted b4)

Its not that long ago that a thread discussing this was on here, with part numbers etc

(Later model cars)

I do remember the 3 bulbs at high level are a different wattage to the 2 behind the lcd display. I got mine from TPS and they are still priced daft (made by osram). Ebay seems to a better place

Thanks all

Seconded - cheers. Having swapped my clocks (again) I found that mine were T-5 S1 LEDs and are.....adequate at best.

Still, as the clocks will need replacing again, it's not really an issue as time is on my side!

Cheers,

Tom

[ATTACH]84757[/ATTACH]

Bulbs worked great for me

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk