ozowen

Autometrix Audi and Volkswagen Track Day - Castle Coombe 13th August 2016

Well as most Corrados were heading to Harewood House, I was going to go it alone and provide a Corrado at the above event. Granted; this was partly due to being only 20 minutes away rather than the few hours for shows like Stanford, All Types and Tatton park. Also the times we'd gone before it had been very good. Well; numbers are definately down, the car parks used to be full, with the paddock area just for the club stands and those destined for the track, this year, we all fitted on the paddock. That said the bro and I thought we'd be gone by midday but the event offers;(weathering permitting) a lovely place to just chill in the sun whilst watching, ney praying they all get safely round the track in one piece. Highlight of the day: the parade lap, they decided to do 2 the first at the usual dinnertime slot the second just before wrap up. We decided to pay for the second one, but then the anouncement came "It's free to anyone" cash reimbursed about 40 cars took to the track marshalled by a lead car but the nice part as you aligned yourself with the press / photo car which then duly took a few for the album; once released you had a good half of the circuit free to hit the loud pedal (MOST ENJOYABLE). So in summary for the odd local member near Castle Coombe its worth a call in.....for those that wish to test the old girl, the circuit is 'one of the best', and if the weather is nice and sunny and you have nothing planned 'it is a perfect way to spend the day'.

The pictures:

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

Edited by ozowen

Last Lot:

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

Show and Shine Winner:

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

The other Corrado

IMG_0260.jpg

And finally MELD (Mine)

IMG_0247.jpg

Always a good laugh the castle coombe days. Usually go but like you say, VW Festival was calling.

Nice pics, bet the R8's sounded good?!

Always a good laugh the castle coombe days. Usually go but like you say, VW Festival was calling.

Nice pics, bet the R8's sounded good?!

Dialynx new toy, I believe it does hill climbs. Only went round a few times but my god was it quick. Modified 2.0T hence number plate.......wonder what happened to the original engine, will have to find out next time I visit the garage.

Corrado's looking lovely.

The mk1 owner (show and shine winner) is a friend of mine. Was his dad's car originally, looks a bit different now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corrado's looking lovely.

The mk1 owner (show and shine winner) is a friend of mine. Was his dad's car originally, looks a bit different now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bless him; I read the history, fair play to him, what a beautiful example, granted people might question the transformation from a standard MK1 but I thought it was beautiful and thoroughly deserved. If he wants to wet his fingers on somethigng else,I've got an original,to me; Corrado that needs that loving care.