robrado974

One for the techies . Help please vagcom or ross tech ?

Afternoon chaps .

My question is , if I plug my 08 plate Golf into a diognosis computer , will it read past faults and tell me when they were rectified or when it was scanned ?. I'm looking for problems found last September .so basically if I booked my car into a dealership would they come up with the info I need . Many thanks

Rob

Edited by robrado974

I don't have any experience with vag com or Ross tech but with my Snap on diagnostics and other machines I have had there is no way of retrieving previous faults on a car , once the faults have been cleared that's it , gone , assuming the fault has been rectified on the vehicle.

Agree with above, I can't see previously cleared faults on my vagcom/rosstech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No Mic . Thought I'd ask on here , as I know there are some computer whiz kids .

Who scanned the fault code in the first place? Do they have a printed copy or the codes on their computer system?

I suspect if you had the correct passwords etc you could access previous codes with dealer spec equipment or maybe the importers kit? Eg if they had a warranty claim for a seized engine and the customr continued to drive the car ignoring the lights and alarms then reset the codes before declaring "the engine just died etc" they could refuse to pay out. I doubt you as a customer could access previous history though