StueyB

Breaking - '96 Blackbery VR6 Auto - *UPDATE 2* (first page)

Hi all,

Just started breaking a 1996 Corrado VR6 Auto in Blackberry Metallic.

Car was bought (part broken) from a fellow forum member who sold due to lack of space and so I'm finishing the job.

Sadly the body is pretty rust eaten but varying sections can be cut out and saved at people's request.

Details:

1996 - VR6 Auto

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84589[/ATTACH]

Already gone (main items):

• Most of the front end (headlights, slam panel, fogs, indicators, bumper)
  • Leather interior (black)
  • Intake side of the engine (inlet, intake, elbow, induction kit)
  • Weitec Coilovers
  • Sunroof Mech
  • Smoothed Rust Free Front Wings
  • Stainless Tank Straps
  • Shallow Sump Kit

I'd say approx 75% of the car is left of which the following being the highlights for early birds:

1. Audi 16'' Speedlines

• 5x100 - 7Jx16 - ET31 - 8N0 601 025 C
  • 195/45/16's - 2 x Kumho (3-4mm) & 2 x Accelera (5-6mm)
  • All wheels have varying marks and curbing but would make excellent winters wheels
  • Treated to a thorough degrease + lightweight wheel cleaner inside and out
  • Have ordered a 4th gen centre cap so will come complete
  • Price: £225.00

IMG_3127_zpsp4jonruf.jpg

th_IMG_3128_zpsbbn6yuos.jpg th_IMG_3129_zpsaggqdkc0.jpg th_IMG_3130_zpscegj0y0j.jpg th_IMG_3131_zps6lgkmitk.jpg

2. Black Corrado Bonnet Bra (Autobra)

• Good condition, no rips or tears. Been folded up for some time so crease marks show after installation. Confident these will remove themselves after some use.
  • Missing two small wire hooks on the outer loops on the underside, however these could easily be fashioned from some wire copying the middle item.
  • Price: £40

IMG_3140_zps91qhnluq.jpg

th_IMG_3139_zpsww95txro.jpg th_IMG_3142_zpsyovtqtrb.jpg th_IMG_3141_zpsfixkybvq.jpg

3. TBC

4. Corrado Fixed Steering Column Kit

• 1x Fixed Steering Column - inner + outer + ignition housing - [535 419 563]
  • 1x Non-adjustable Steering Cowling (2pc) - clips in tact - [535 953 515 B + 535 953 516 B]
  • 1x assorted fittings / hardware from previous installation
  • Price: £100.00

IMG_3193_zpszofhr5dv.jpg

th_IMG_3196_zpspuaa553x.jpg th_IMG_3194_zps3p9jhvfu.jpg

5. Uprated Poly Engine Mount Kit - Jay Renshaw batch..?

• In used condition but should still be better than most 20 year old cheese rubber inserts
  • 2x Large Poly Inserts
  • 2x Small Poly Inserts
  • 2x Mounting Disc
  • 2x Mounting Bolts
  • Can supply the metal engine mount container parts ready for blasting/powdercoating to accompany this kit for a little extra
  • Price: £30.00

IMG_3202_zpssgcebli6.jpg

th_IMG_3201_zps6yghy78i.jpg th_IMG_3206_zpsu1lgslnt.jpg

6. Late FK Badgless Grille - Black

• Fits all late cars from 92' onwards
  • The all important top 3 tabs are in tact so fits well
  • Good overall condition
  • Price: £25.00

IMG_3154_zps1vyifcry.jpg

7. Assorted Late Headlamp Parts

• See pic for details...post or PM for prices.

IMG_3160_zpsxjhndbt4.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll run this like Purple Tom has run a couple of breaking threads and let people enquire for parts. (I'll do my best to respond to everyone)

Big items I'll get listed up in due course once things are removed and checked for condition.

I've broken other cars over the years so always have lots of spares so if you don't see straight away please ask.

Otherwise feel free to post up below what you're looking for and I'll endeavour to help.

Collection for larger items from Cranfield, Beds other wise I'm willing to ship most stuff UK and abroad.

Thanks for looking,

StueyB.

Edited by StueyB

Price for both door handles mate, if they are the later version with no raised area around the key hole and if they both work..

Cheers.

Interested in the 2 door/window scraper seal things and maybe bonnet if in good nik.... Collection non problem (work in MK)....

Price for both door handles mate, if they are the later version with no raised area around the key hole and if they both work..

Cheers.

thought these were early mate?

I'm interested in the sunroof mechanism please if, at least, the left side is OK.

(edit: the metal block on the end of my cable snapped)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Edited by gotvach

Cheers.

So door handles feel like they've seen better days (notchy and require full extension) but the main point to note with these is the car has a full complete lock set so 2x door handles, boot and glovebox lock all with matching pair (x2) keys.

As you can imagine I''m reluctant to split these items since it's quite rare to find this with a Corrado these days.

I suspect the handles could be a fix with one of the kits and this is something I may end up doing myself before selling.

Let me know if interested.

thought these were early mate?

I think lilfuzzer is right here. I'll double check tomorrow for you VEEDUBBED

what condition are the coilovers in mate?

Coilovers look to be in good condition. Removed the fronts today, in used condition but dry which is the important bit.

I'll be giving them a full strip down and clean before sale. Full report tomorrow/Thurs once I've removed the rears / beam.

Have you the heater controls

Heater controls were not included with car I'm afraid.

I'm interested in the sunroof mechanism please if, at least, the left side is OK.

(edit: the metal block on the end of my cable snapped)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Sunroof mech tilts and slides manually so would make a good replacement.

Like most things could do with a strip down and clean then re-grease (I have some of the expensive VAG sunroof grease to include)

So let me know if you want the mech as is or after a full clean and re-grease as this will affect price (labour). Thanks.

Sunroof mech tilts and slides manually so would make a good replacement.

Like most things could do with a strip down and clean then re-grease (I have some of the expensive VAG sunroof grease to include)

So let me know if you want the mech as is or after a full clean and re-grease as this will affect price (labour). Thanks.

Thanks. I'm happy to take it complete as it is. I can collect too - coming from Brentwood, Essex - about 1.5 hours away.

If we can agree a price, including grease, and a convenient time to collect? I could potentially do Thursday/Friday evening (will be before 9pm) or anytime over the weekend.

Early versions Chris, the later one's are smooth without the raised circle around the lock barrel.

I personally don't like the earlier ones and i think that one of the handles is in fact early.

I'll pass on this.

Cheers.

Hey mate, interested in the wings, what do you mean by smoothed, they're not the correct colour but my drivers one is knackered and I'll put them in storage till i can paint them? Only in MK so around the corner, there's a few other random interior bits like clips that I might also be interested in...could possibly shoot over one evening and have a look

Hey mate, interested in the wings, what do you mean by smoothed, they're not the correct colour but my drivers one is knackered and I'll put them in storage till i can paint them? Only in MK so around the corner, there's a few other random interior bits like clips that I might also be interested in...could possibly shoot over one evening and have a look

Wings have had the side repeater holes smoothed as previous owner ran a modified 'US" style front bumper with the side running lights as indicators.

They were painted Blackberry when he had the front bumper painted and fitted by the look of things.

No worries on popping over, knock up a list of what you need and drop me a text. I'll pm you my number.

This is my old car...sniff, sniff. :puppydogeyes: I'm still available for questions about the history if required.

Interested in the 2 door/window scraper seal things and maybe bonnet if in good nik.... Collection non problem (work in MK)....

The bonnet was the single worst panel. Stu might be able to make you a sledge out of it..?

Stone

Edited by Stonejag

Early versions Chris, the later one's are smooth without the raised circle around the lock barrel.

I personally don't like the earlier ones and i think that one of the handles is in fact early.

I'll pass on this.

Cheers.

Sorry, I realise this is a breaking thread but just for clarification, early are flat, late are raised. I'm sure of that, as my early valver had flat and my late vr had raised

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I know i'm second in line but also keen on both front wings if they are in good condition, please let me know if they are not wanted

thanks

Hi there, I know the sunroof is spoken for but would you have another one available?

Only have one working sunroof I'm afraid.

I know i'm second in line but also keen on both front wings if they are in good condition, please let me know if they are not wanted

thanks

I'll take some pictures early next week and send them to both yourself and the other chap interested. Then if the first chap doesn't take them I'll be in touch.

Hi there mate do you still have both headlights?? Cus I'll av them my number is 07467141491

Car came with no front end inc lights etc.

Hi. Can you help with these bits - http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?95526-More-Parts-Needed-Again/ ?

Might also need a central locking pump.

Cheers

Jason

Pump I have.

And I'll go through your list and identify what I have shortly. :)

I think i might have a brand new pump down un the garage mate.

Please message directly and not in this thread, thanks.