mr lobitos

private plate

hi everyone, long time no speak, hope everyone is well and still enjoying there corrados

anyway, picked up a new car yesterday and it's got a private plate which is not to my liking ( tf51ham)

how is the best way to get a value and sell it and would I get the original plate back, cheers

Doubt its gonna be worth much, I assume its been on a TFSi model of some sorts?

To be able to sell, first you would have to stick it on a retention certificate which can be done online here >> https://www.gov.uk/keep-registration-number

Its more than likely the car will then get its original number back, unless it was first registered with a P/Plate, in which case you will then get an age related plate for the car

I think you just take it off and it get assigned the original plate. You can then transfer or sell on the old plate. I suspect that's worth about £200 or so if that.

Aslong as it has a valid MOT you pay £80 or so to get the plate put on retention and have the DVLA issue either the original or new reg number. RegTransfers sell your private numbers for a commission but bear in mind the industry is saturated with loads of numbers that are usually over priced so don't expect much of a return on a 7 digit, relatively new, number. I wouldn't put much value on that anyway.