VR6Pete

Wanted: Headlining material to re-trim inner sunroof panel

As above, I have acquired a mk3 inner sunroof panel to go with my moon roof conversion.

material on mk3 panel is different from standard corrado panel.

What are my options? What material can I use so it matches? My thoughts were removing material off an existing headlining and having it re-trimmed - thoughts or can I get the exact same material somewhere?

Cheers

Pete

Trouble is Pete, removing from an existing headlining/sunroof panel will just peel away the fabric and not the foam back, so trying to get it to stick without glue residue seeping through may be a problem. I think retrim of the whole headlining would be the only viable option. Its best speaking to a trimmer I reckon but I expect they'd say the same thing. There are some good standard looking fabrics around and a trimmer might be able to get a decent match in colour "off the shelf" too. Its pot luck buying online as to similar match unless there is an outlet/supplier close by that you can check it with mate.

I've got a very saggy headlining in my twilight VR, which is stuck in the garage feeling sorry for itself.Happy to get some of the material to you if you want it :)

I've got a very saggy headlining in my twilight VR, which is stuck in the garage feeling sorry for itself.Happy to get some of the material to you if you want it :)

Yeah that would be great mate - Id prefer to down this route and give it a go before having to go through the haste of doing the whole head-lining!

I will measure up my new sunroof panel and let you know how much I will need !

cheers

Pete

I'd be very interested to know how you get on. I bought a good used replacement when mine went but kept the original. I tried spray adhesive thinking it would be light and not seep through, but the fabric just wouldn't stick to the foam at all. So I tried it with a thicker application of the spray and it just seeped through and stained it. I also have a tin of Alpha Af178 brush on adhesive which I bought from Woolies Trim a while back but am guessing application with a brush will be even thicker than spray so I haven't tried it.

Retrimmed my

Entire headlining a few weeks ago. Material I bought from eBay and the adhesive spray I bought from

Hobby craft. It took a day to do it and looks totally spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk