JEZR

Stolen from NEC - Ken Lark Classic VW Cup Trailer

Details here. Keep an eye out for this. Let's make it hotter than hell.

Fat fingers! VW cup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by JEZR

Wow, the audacity of some people. Its discusting that someone can just drive up, hitch on and drive away. Utter scum bags but unless there is a positive spot whilst in transit, I doubt this'll ever be recovered. :x

Needless to say we're gutted for Ken. He kindly bought his racing Corrado up on the Thursday and spent most of the afternoon with us today chatting, telling us stories, showing us round the car - an absolute gent. Then as we were packing up I got a call off him telling me his trailer had been stolen, and he was frantically trying to ring around to find a way to get it back home as it is distinctly not road legal. Think he had managed to arrange recovery by his insurance company this evening - I'll update the thread with more info whenever we get it.

An extremely disappointing end to an otherwise fantastic weekend.

NEC claim they've had a run of trailers being stolen at the rate of about one per week by the same gang... yet no CCTV in the car park where all trailers *had* to be parked. Hard to fathom the thought process really.

1 per week and no action taken? That's **** poor!

What a real kick in the teeth for the guy :(

Needless to say we're gutted for Ken. He kindly bought his racing Corrado up on the Thursday and spent most of the afternoon with us today chatting, telling us stories, showing us round the car - an absolute gent. Then as we were packing up I got a call off him telling me his trailer had been stolen, and he was frantically trying to ring around to find a way to get it back home as it is distinctly not road legal. Think he had managed to arrange recovery by his insurance company this evening - I'll update the thread with more info whenever we get it.

An extremely disappointing end to an otherwise fantastic weekend.

NEC claim they've had a run of trailers being stolen at the rate of about one per week by the same gang... yet no CCTV in the car park where all trailers *had* to be parked. Hard to fathom the thought process really.

Bloody cretins stealing things like that but the NEC really need to take a long hard look at what they are doing given that they know trailers are being pinched.

With the amount of faff involved in getting in for setup and the fact you have to wave a car parking ticket at someone on the way out this really shouldn't be too difficult to sort out.

Just had a missed call from Ken but he left a voicemail. He had to leave the car at the NEC overnight, but was able to return to collect it this morning. Apparently the police are now involved and reviewing what other CCTV was available from across the site so fingers crossed for positive news and they can catch these f@cking scumbags.

Just had a missed call from Ken but he left a voicemail. He had to leave the car at the NEC overnight, but was able to return to collect it this morning. Apparently the police are now involved and reviewing what other CCTV was available from across the site so fingers crossed for positive news and they can catch these f@cking scumbags.

very sorry to here about this saga..... I guess an easy getaway straight on to the motorway... was the trailer hooked up to a vehicle, with a tow bar lock?

very sorry to here about this saga..... I guess an easy getaway straight on to the motorway... was the trailer hooked up to a vehicle, with a tow bar lock?

Yep - they simply kicked the lock off, ripped it off Ken's car, hooked it up to their car and ****ed off.

If this has been happening weekly and you need a pass to get out, you wonder what in the heck the NEC are up to - or not. Sounds like you'd need someone on the gate to "assist"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well this sucks. Poor Ken.

Having been to the NEC a few times recently for work things, I have to say they are completely useless at organising any parking at all so this lack on action in the face of repeated theft doesn't surprise me at all.

Hope he gets a positive outcome

Well this sucks. Poor Ken.

Having been to the NEC a few times recently for work things, I have to say they are completely useless at organising any parking at all so this lack on action in the face of repeated theft doesn't surprise me at all.

Hope he gets a positive outcome

Agreed any car related show at the NEC is a case in point, they usually park the car show attendees up at the furthest point and have something like 'the skills show' for teenagers who mostly can't drive right next to the car park!

It's always been very jobsworthy in that place and I still fail to understand the fuel tank requirement they set - fuel vapour is a lot worse than fuel and an empty tank will have 40+ litres of vapour in it - even more insane when you consider at a classic car show a lot of the cars don't have any form of carbon capture and just vent fuel vapour out to atmosphere as needed, muppets.