Cressa

Camber question

My vr is at a local garage for its camber adjustment. The fitter has said my bolts in the lower part of the suspension leg are wrong !!! As they don't adjust the camber.

Q - should it have adjusting bolts/nuts? I thought they were just normal high tensile straight items, not adjusting ones! ! I've only swapped the old ones across so I suppose they could be incorrect.

All answers greatly received

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The camber is adjusted by the strut to the hub knuckle. The bolts just hold it in place so the straight ones are correct. You can get camber adjusting bolts but they're aftermarket.

That's what i was telling him, but he was questioning it shouldn't be like that. ...

Glad I'm not going mad with with everything I've read.

Thanks mate

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah, as Sean says, the straight ones are the factory ones. I've got a set of the after market "adjuster" ones on mine though. They are cheap enough to buy if you wanted to change over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just get him to dial it all the way in on the top bolt, all the way out on the bottom one, and you've got that touring car look! :norty:

Carrying on with camber. What is recommended camber for fast road driving?

I've put mine together and set it to maximum -degrees but need to get it all setup soon

Think factory is -0.5 degrees but for a bit more "sporty" handling iirc -1 is as much as you need without going mad.

^^exactly. -1deg will be enough, that's where mine is set and it turns in lovely on road and track. Had it set at -1.5 once.. great turn in, wanted to wander in a straight line.