ryan_welshman

Normal running coolant temperature

Hello all

Quick question to all, whats normal running temperature of an abf engine?

I seem to get 90 to 100 degrees even when travelling.

Thermostat was replaced 2 years ago.

Does it read the temperature from a combination of sensors? As i just have the spade connector sensor wired up on the right side of the block if that makes any difference.

Cheers all

Coolant temp should sit at constant 90 on the gauge if all is well. These older cars do tend to rise and fall a little though if sat in traffic or on the move. Just keep a eye on the mfa oil temp if you can. It'll give you a better idea of how hot the engine is running. If it starts creeping past 116 regularly I'd say something was amiss, especially at this time of year.

get yourself an IR thermometer off Amazon, only about a tenner to put your mind at rest, then you can check for radiator blockages, sump oil temp everything...

I know it's a different engine but my ABV VR6 runs at around 98 which is bang in the middle of the gauge. I wired in an override switch for the fan as I like it to be around the 90 mark. As Sean says though, oil temp is critical and I keep my MFA on that all the time, sits at about 108.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk