Jim

Speedo Binnacle Cover Reproductions - NOW AVAILABLE (December 2016)

If you click on his user name you will see an option for private message... he may respond quicker or even miss this thread

If you click on his user name you will see an option for private message... he may respond quicker or even miss this thread

Oops! Thought that's what I had done :/

Man, I am really sorry guys. I know folks have been asking me to make more of these for a while and I just keep putting it off. I will do something about it TODAY.

Again really sorry for my forgetfulness and laziness.

OK. I have just ordered a new batch of 15 pairs :)

They should be with me in about two weeks. I'll let folks know when they've arrived! :)

Again, sorry for taking so long to get on and get these ordered.

OK - I think these have been delivered. I'll check them out over lunch. I'll start PM'ing folks that have been asking to confirm if they still want sets, with details on payment, etc :) If this batch sell out immediately (I got 15 pairs) I'll order some more immediately.

Sent PM's to everyone who I think is possibly after some sets. Please PM me if you haven't had a message or are after some pairs. Cheers.

Got payments from akacheesy, g6089, and vr6monkey. Hopefully get these sets posted later today. Cheers chaps :)

I do wish I could get them made in a better matching colour. So frustrating. But glad you're pleased with them :)

Thanks Jim, got mine :) top bloke for sorting this out... you need another corrado in your life so you can spend more time here :)

Well, I got my first Corrado I think when I was around 20-21.. I'm now in my late 30's! I've had a Corrado in my life pretty much most of the time since then for a total of four (2 x 2.0 16v, 1x G60, 1x VR6) with the odd stint in other cars in between. I've had the pleasure of driving numerous other people's Corrado's too including 1.8 16v's, 8v's, supercharged VR6's, turbo charged VR6's... I've had the pleasure of driving them various up to Scotland, and out across to Germany, and even a couple of laps of the Nurburgring thrown in.

I feel I can fairly safely say I've been there and got the t-shirt and honestly whilst I still get very excited when I see a Corrado on the road, I just can't see me coming back in the near future, unless someone literally gives me a Corrado.. which I can't see happening either :)

Jim - got mine there this morning - great quality, and the notch for removal is a class touch, as that's how they all break.

Kudos for organising this and supplying them, even if you're not still in the fold - your're always welcome back of course!

Thanks for the positive comments! I was fairly pleased with the design improvements - a perfect example of the sorts of advantages that 3D printing can bring.

I think some folks said they didn't want to buy them due to them not being like the original design, but the changes I felt were something of a no brainer. And certainly in my experience of testing with prototypes originally using 3D printed material, they were less durable anyway than the original plastic - just reproducing the original design, I found they broke literally the first time I tried to remove them so, basically, were useless.

Here is an option if you can't source any its for the pair , I was quite happy with them good ebayer based in Poland. Might well be worth messaging him for a group buy if Jim is no longer producing them as must of gone to alot of effort to make them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-Dashboard-Panel-Trim-Clip-Tachoecken-535858507-535858508/183402287888?hash=item2ab3a0d310:g:uFgAAOSwq-VbhGLD

Edited by Keyo

Hey folks.. I do still have about 10 sets of these if you're interested. Let me confirm and find them in the house today (as I've not seen the little box of bits I use for posting, etc for a while!) but I'll post back to confirm if I find them? :) Can always get another batch produced if there's an uptake in interest again. Cheers.

Hey folks.. I do still have about 10 sets of these if you're interested. Let me confirm and find them in the house today (as I've not seen the little box of bits I use for posting, etc for a while!) but I'll post back to confirm if I find them? :) Can always get another batch produced if there's an uptake in interest again. Cheers.

Thanks Jim, like I said would defo take one set if

You can find them

OK found them :D

I'll send over details regarding payment.. I have to go to the post office tomorrow anyway to pick something up so if you can pay me tonight, I can ship them tomorrow :D

Hi both.. messaged you last week but not heard anything further back. Are you you still interested in a pair of these? Cheers :)