ryan_welshman

Battery power leak

Hey people

Got a major problem where i keep getting a major battery drain and just wondered if there are commons faults to look for?

Its fitted with uprated headlight loom by previous owner as an fyi

Any help would be great

Check all earth's in engine bay, plus check glove box and boot light aren't staying on. My old valver had an eBay headlight loom fitted, and that caused a battery drain for me.

Check all earth's in engine bay, plus check glove box and boot light aren't staying on. My old valver had an eBay headlight loom fitted, and that caused a battery drain for me.

Im assuming that you then replaced the headlight loom then? Can you recommend a good replacement? As the headlights are still crap haha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Put a meter across the battery and the negative cable and measure the current flow. Then start pulling fuses until the current drops. You'll then be able to identify the drain.

Culprits include the boot lock light switch, door lock actuators and glove box as above but yours could be something different. You'll get it sorted soon, I'm sure.

Mine had an issue with a Sony head unit - if you didn't turn it off completely, no stand-by light or owt, it killed the battery well dead. Same head unit in my Mk2 GTi, same problem. But as above, could be any number of things. Good luck sorting it out.