VR-Sixy

Arrgggh...... No Gears

Almost got home from a dentist visit and the clutch pedal felll to the floor. Literally less than 400 yards from my front door. Told by GSF that the Corrado doesn't have a clutch cable (which i thought it did) so likely to be the slave or master cylinder. Picked up the pedal from the floor and now it's locked and won't budge.

Any ideas out there - apart from the obvious? LOL!!

Cheers

A failed Slave usually leaks onto The floor via the bellhousing

I did take a look and can't see anything untowards........ nothing inside or on the road outside......

It sound mechanical rather than hydraulic, any previous niggles with the pedal? The clutch fork is a known failure

Before my slave burst i had issues when the pedal not returning fully to its upper position, my thrust bearing gives a little chirp in use too (my car is sorn and hopefully several of the bigger jobs waiting will get rectied this year, clutch, fuel tank breathers oil leaks Etc)

There used to be what i called a little 'snag' where the pedal kind of jarred ever so slightly when i was litfting my foot of it. I could feel a little 'snag just before it got

to the resting position after a gear change. No doubt my matey at the garage will sort it out for me - just really wanted to know if it could possibly be cylinder problems

or some not quite so expensive - what with the labour costs n' all. The pedal won't budge now so maybe some kind on linkage has given up the ghost or something.

You need to look under the dash as you operate the pedal with your hand and see what's happening, if all looks good check the gearbox end.

I'd then remove the slave and see if its piston would move / allow the pedal to move again.

The guys finally picked up the Corrado Friday afternoon. Looks like the Clutch Bearing has gone, so they gotta drop the box out...... this is

sounding expensive........ again............:(

not something you could look at yourself? - if it is the bearing they're pretty cheap, depending on how old your clutch is thou it could be worth putting a new one in... I waited for one of Dox's GSF codes and got a Sachs clutch to my door for under £90 ;)

not something you could look at yourself? - if it is the bearing they're pretty cheap, depending on how old your clutch is thou it could be worth putting a new one in... I waited for one of Dox's GSF codes and got a Sachs clutch to my door for under £90 ;)
I had the clutch done a little while back so should still be OK.

Clutch bearing 'going' wouldn't prevent the pedal from moving far as I can tell .. more likely they don't know what's happened and want to remove the gearbox, but get you to pay for labour so have told you that's the problem..

Woof Woof! Get Senor Corrado back from the garage this evening. Then i'll know exactly what they've done to it. :bonk:

Maybe the clutch fork snapped
Well spotted Jim - that's exactly what happened. It needed a 'Clutch Kit' (whatever the hell that is) and there's a clutch fork on the invoice as well. Just two quid short of 500 smackeroonies. Ouch!!

The clutch kit is just pressure pad and plate. Depending on where they go it, the release bearing will be in other too (might be worth asking as they're only £15 anyway). The forks are quite common defects due to fatigue so be or Crack. Should have you up and running again though!

After having it happen to me twice now, i think i will renew the fork with a clutch change from now on.

£500 isn't too bad, its quite a bit of work to do at home.

The clutch kit is just pressure pad and plate. Depending on where they go it, the release bearing will be in other too (might be worth asking as they're only £15 anyway). The forks are quite common defects due to fatigue so be or Crack. Should have you up and running again though!
It has matey! The clutch pedal is so light now, you could depress it with a limp dick!! :cool:

After having it happen to me twice now, i think i will renew the fork with a clutch change from now on.

£500 isn't too bad, its quite a bit of work to do at home.

I think it must have been around 8 hours labour they charged. Still a big hit in one go though!!

It has matey! The clutch pedal is so light now, you could depress it with a limp dick!! :cool:

I know all about those!