j_s14a

Black leather heated Recaro interior - what is it worth?

My grey leather ones don't say recaro on the back rest? Does that make them uber rare? :)

608A1390-5535-4A13-B744-9F79887AB2CC.jpg

Pops, What's the story with your two seats mate?

You sellin?

Edited by VEEDUBBED

Nice one Sean. I wonder how many were sold with them. Do you recall the price of them new?

I'm not 100% Chris, but I think I remember reading somewhere that they were £1500 as it happens, which was obviously a significant amount almost 25 year ago.

To the OP, I wasn't trying to offend saying about the condition, apologies if it came across that way. As mentioned quite a few people are willing to part with their cash for these so you should get a very acceptable figure for them. GLWS.

Did you keep the car under a cover ?

I only ask,as covers are notorious for causing micro blistering

Ive seen this as well so could well be that.

Pops, What's the story with your two seats mate?

You sellin?

Absolutely not mate, they are destined for my Red VR6 8)

To the OP, I wasn't trying to offend saying about the condition, apologies if it came across that way. As mentioned quite a few people are willing to part with their cash for these so you should get a very acceptable figure for them. GLWS.

No offence taken :) I was just trying to manage people's expectations properly. If someone want's a brand new set, they should buy a re trimmed set. If they want a very nice set of used seats, with the original high quality grained leather, with a decent patina (for want of a better word), then these are perfect. :)

Ive seen this as well so could well be that.

No, never covered. :) Was always in the open for weeks after being sprayed, and then went under a car port when not in use.

Does anyone know how much a set of normal leather seats would cost, including door cards etc? i.e. not Recaros.

In this age when originality is king, would it be the wrong thing to swap fabric seats for leather ones?

Not at all. A couple of years ago you could have got a good condition set of leather seats and door cards for £4-5 hundred.

You may still get lucky, but judging on the most recent prices, it seems you could be almost doubling that.

Thanks. Were all the leather ones heated? If so, is it possible to retrofit the heating element when swapping the fabric seats for leather ones? Cheers.

The loom is plug and play for you to retrofit. Best to get one from someone who has taken theirs out. Make sure it comes with the two relays that go behind the rear for card. The only difficult part may be connecting into the correct parts of the fuse box. But it isn't rocket science. Plenty of info been put on here b4

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks. Were all the leather ones heated? If so, is it possible to retrofit the heating element when swapping the fabric seats for leather ones? Cheers.

I have a loom and switch should you need one

I have a loom and switch should you need one

I would be interested in the loom if pc80 doesn't want it. What would you want for it?

I would be interested in the loom if pc80 doesn't want it. What would you want for it?

Hello. Pc80 has asked for it now, cheers. If he doesn't take it I'll let you know.

Quick update, my circumstances have changed enormously since I posted this thread, and I start an apprenticeship with Volvo on Monday, so would like to sell the Corrado as it is so that I buy a cheap run around, and not have to commute to work (25 miles a day) in my Supra in this weather.

I will be putting the car up on ebay tomorrow, but thought I would give you guys first refusal. I will take £2400 cash for the entire car, so long as it is gone by the end of the weekend. The interior alone is worth a large chunk of that, and it also has very good condition wheels (refurbed just before I stopped using it). At this price it's either a good base for a high end project, a cheap way of sourcing a Leather Recaro interior, or sell the interior and have a very cheap, low miles VR6 project.

Bell me in the morning mate just come out of hospital 07509972972 andy

Edited by C5 OEM